LONDON, May 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
At this year's annual conference ThinkFM celebrated the achievements and milestones within the Facilities Management sector, the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) showcased FM TV, in partnership with television heavyweights ITN Productions. The successful premier accompanied by a drinks reception that took place at Kings Place in the heart of London's Kings Cross. The event, which attracted over 350 delegates, explored the theme of 'workplace' through a series of sessions and guest speakers.
During the conference, BBC Commercial Projects CEO, Chris Kane welcomed the collaboration between BIFM and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), to focus on a number of research and insights projects.
Employment Minister, Esther McVey MP gives her thoughts on the role that FM can play in tackling youth unemployment, social mobility and developing career pathways.
Peter Cheese, Chief Executive, CIPD, spoke to ITN Productions on how the workplace impacts on the workforce and why it is vital that those tasked with managing these key resources need to work together to maximise the value of its employees.
Julie Kortens, Head of Corporate Services at Channel 4 and Chairman of the BIFM shared the creative thinking and cultural importance behind the transformation of Channel 4's head quarters.
Roy Lilley, Health Writer and Commentator also contributed to the FM TV programme by urging the NHS to stand alongside facilities managers as the service braces itself for further reform.
FM TV, hosted by ITN Productions' Natasha Kaplinsky combines FM stories from leading businesses such as Bellrock, EIC Ltd, Interserve, ITConsilium, RBS, Xenon Group, Asure Software and Daikin as well as interviews with BIFM Chairman, Julie Kortens and CEO Gareth Tancred on the latest innovations and best practices contributing to facilities management.
To see the full programme, more ITN interviews from BIFM's annual conference and specialised content from industry professionals and experts within the FM sector, please visitITN Productions or follow the reports from leaders in the field below:
- Bellrock stands in its customers shoes to understand their goals and change facilities management
- Gareth Tancred and Julie Kortens discuss how BIFM is striving to raise standards within FM
- EIC Ltd lends its engineering expertise to The NIA, Birmingham for its latest refurbishment project
- Interserve understands the importance of its people in looking after services for a range of firms
- Esther McVey MP shares her thoughts on supporting those in FM with training and work experience
- ITConsilium's 'Permit to Work' system is leading the way of pragmatic solutions to global problems
- Julie Kortens, Chairman of the BIFM discusses how the injection of creativity can transform spaces
- McFarlane Telfer mix industry experience and global standards to prevent breakdowns
- Deborah Rowland, FM of the Year 2013 tells us how she feels about winning this award
- RBS shares how the Successful Inclusion Programme can help recruit and retain talent
- Roy Lilley, Health Writer and Commentator urges the NHS to stand alongside FM in their restructure
- Xenon Group specialises in teaching qualifications to FM professions and those starting out
- Asure Software is leading the market with agile working solutions to maximise productivity
- Chris Kane, BBC Commercial Projects and Peter Cheese, CIPD discuss the new collaboration with BIFM
- David Howorth, Managing Director of Mitie Client Sevices discusses talent acquisition
- Liz Kentish, Deputy Chairman of BIFM explains why qualifications are key within the Facilities Management sector
- Max Farrell, Partner at Farrells Architect Planners shares the key findings from the Farrell Review
- Simon Ashworth, Research Associate at ZHAW shares the research undertaken within the FM sector
- Tim Oldman, Chief Executive at Leesman Index shares the impact FM has on organisation productivity
- President & CEO of IFMA Tony Keane shares the impact of FM on productivity and revenue
About ITN Productions: ITN Productions is ITN's central creative hub producing content for major global brands in the broadcast, online, mobile and corporate sectors.
About the BIFM: The British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) is the professional body for facilities management (FM). Founded in 1993, we promote excellence in facilities management for the benefit of practitioners, the economy and society. Supporting and representing over 14,000 members around the world, both individual FM professionals and organisations, and thousands more through qualifications and training.
To become a member of the BIFM please visit: http://www.bifm.org.uk/bifm/membership
For more information visit http://www.bifm.org.uk or telephone +44(0)1279-712-620
To learn more about the programme productions and/or enquire about how to embed the full programme onto your site please get in touch:
ITN Productions enquiries:
Tel: +44 207 430 4436
British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM)
SOURCE ITN Productions