MADISON, Wis., Jan. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Focus on Energy, Wisconsin utilities' statewide program for energy efficiency and renewable energy, today announced new programs to better serve qualifying residential customers.
A summary of new programs offered in 2012 include:
- Residential Rewards Program: Provides incentives for prequalified water heaters, furnaces and boilers. Additional incentives for attic insulation, other building shell improvements and renewable energy will be available in the spring.
- Home Heating Assistance Program: Provides enhanced incentives for prequalified furnaces and boilers for income-qualified customers.
- ENERGY STAR® Lighting Program: Provides incentives for qualifying lighting and showerheads available at participating retail locations throughout Wisconsin.
- Single Family Direct Install Program: Provides free home energy evaluations coupled with free direct installation of compact fluorescent bulbs and water-saving measures.
- Appliance Recycling Program: Available starting March 2012, this program will offer an incentive payment and free collection and recycling services to residential customers who give up qualifying older, working appliances such as refrigerators and freezers.
"These programs will allow Focus on Energy to reach new market segments, help deliver cost-effective energy savings and better serve utility ratepayers," said William S. Haas, director of program administration.
Bill Abolt, project director commented: "As noted by the Legislative Audit Bureau Report published in December, the benefits generated by Focus on Energy can be more than twice as great as the associated costs. These new programs will further expand the benefits of Focus on Energy, serve additional customers, and continue to encourage the use of energy-efficient products and services."
In addition to the new programs, the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® program, Wisconsin New Homes program and Apartment & Condo Efficiency Services program are still available to eligible customers. Changes to these programs are projected for the spring of 2012.
Residential customers and trade allies interested in participating in available programs should visit www.focusonenergy.com for program information, terms and conditions and the new application forms. Any questions regarding the programs or participation can be directed to Focus on Energy's customer service center at 800.762.7077 or email@example.com.
About Focus on Energy
Focus on Energy is Wisconsin utilities' statewide energy efficiency and renewable resource program funded by the state's investor-owned energy utilities and participating municipal and electric cooperative utilities. Focus on Energy works with eligible Wisconsin residents and businesses to install cost-effective energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. Focus on Energy information, resources and financial incentives help to implement projects that otherwise would not be completed. Its efforts help Wisconsin residents and businesses manage rising energy costs, promote in-state economic development, protect our environment and control Wisconsin's growing demand for electricity and natural gas. For more information call 800.762.7077 or visit focusonenergy.com.
Catalina Lamadrid, LEED AP, GHG IQ
Communications & Marketing Manager
SOURCE Focus on Energy