Following $10.5 Million Renovation, San Jose Marriott In Prime Shape To Welcome NFL's Big Game
Hotel in Downtown San Jose boasts reenergized lobby, refreshed guest rooms and new intimate meeting spaces
SAN JOSE, Calif., Dec. 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Fifteen months and $10.5 million later, the AAA four-diamond San Jose Marriott has completed a top-to-bottom renovation that symbolizes Silicon Valley chic.
The design, by Looney & Associates, intertwines the region's natural beauty with its technological prowess to create a timeless yet contemporary haven for today's travelers.
"We've upped our game to greet guests from around the world with the latest high-tech amenities and streamlined high-style aesthetics," said General Manager John Southwell. "Whether guests are attending Super Bowl 50 or a world-class concert, participating in a Fortune 50 conference or making San Jose the hub of a Northern California vacation, our goal is to score a touchdown with every guest experience."
From the moment guests walk through the lobby with its stunning and thought-provoking collection of artwork to when they relax in the Concierge Lounge with its inviting terrace overlooking Silicon Valley and nearby Levi's Stadium, they will feel the pulse of San Jose.
The Downtown San Jose hotel commissioned noted artist Paul Fleming to create "Hi Tech Valley," a 3D sculptural art installation with a series of ceramic modules mirroring computer chips that soar two-stories in an ombre pattern graduating from indigo blue to gold. This ode to technological innovation seamlessly connects the lobby to the meeting space on the second floor.
Key renovation elements include:
- The lobby's transformation into a high-energy, natural light-infused gathering space with a new library-style alcove and dynamic great room where guests will intuitively want to work, play and innovate. Central to the lobby are service-friendly guest registration pods featuring rich walnut veneers and backlit white onyx inlays. Form meets function with plug-in outlets integrated throughout the design.
- A newly designed Concierge Lounge with an expansive outdoor terrace showcases unrivaled views of Silicon Valley. Outside, guests can relax in sectional chaises and enjoy a selection of regional wines served on teak tabletops. A green wall resembling grass adds warmth to the cozy terrace.
- Stylish update of the San Jose hotel's 510 guest rooms and suites with new carpet featuring a subtle Silicon Valley theme, sleek wall coverings and draperies, contemporary artwork and accent pieces. Bathrooms were refreshed with modern wallcoverings, sliding doors and new illuminated mirrors to provide functional lighting with a modern aesthetic. Each guest room has a dedicated router enabling guests to operate six mobile devices simultaneously at lightning-fast speed (1,000 Mb upload and download capability) and Marriott Hotels' first Over-the-Top in-room entertainment system packed with popular programming and apps, including Netflix.
- A new culinary team and fresh direction for Michelin-starred Chef Michael Mina's signature Arcadia Restaurant.
- Marriott Service App including Mobile Guest Requests, Red Coat Direct Meeting Planner App and Mobile Check-in and Check-out.
- Two new war rooms, accommodating eight to 10 people, for legal groups requiring ultimate privacy. A comprehensive renovation of the hotel's existing 21,000 square feet of meeting space was completed in late 2014.
About Looney & Associates
Founded in 1995, Looney & Associates is an interior design firm specializing in projects for the hospitality industry. Looney & Associates' portfolio includes major renovations of iconic hotels throughout the nation and the firm's work has been lauded in Interior Design, Hospitality Design and Boutique Design, among other prestigious publications. Looney's signature is the ability to evoke a unique sense of place in the firm's hotel designs.
About San Jose Marriott
San Jose Marriott at 301 S. Market St. in San Jose, CA is connected to the 555,000-square-foot San Jose McEnery Convention Center and steps away from the city's many cultural and entertainment attractions including the SAP Center – home to blockbuster concerts and the San Jose Sharks. Guests can easily access Levi's Stadium via the light rail system located next to the hotel. The 26-story hotel offers 510 guest rooms and suites, 21,000-square-feet of newly renovated meeting space, the fastest hotel Wi-Fi in San Jose, a fitness center, rooftop pool, and Concierge Lounge with stunning views of the Silicon Valley. Epicureans will appreciate celebrity chef Michael Mina's acclaimed Arcadia steakhouse and Tanq Bar with their sleek underwater ambiance, handcrafted specialty cocktails, regional wines and appetizers. For information, call 1-800-455-8254 or visit www.SanJoseMarriott.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/following-105-million-renovation-san-jose-marriott-in-prime-shape-to-welcome-nfls-big-game-300191660.html
SOURCE San Jose Marriott