LONDON, June 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Food and grocery accounted for 48% of total market retail sales in 2015. From CAD137 billion in 2015, the food and grocery retail market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 3.44% over the forecast period, to reach CAD163 billion by 2020. Rising disposable income, an ongoing trend of rapid urbanization, rapid adoption of private label brands, and increasing competition among retailers will transform the consumption pattern among consumers.
- Private labels brands are gaining increasing adoption among the Canadian consumers.
- Packaged food is the largest product category sold as of 2015.
- Sales through online channel are expected to grow at a CAGR of 0.45% during 2015-2020
"Food and Grocery Retailing in Canada - Market Summary and Forecasts" is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2020.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting food and grocery retail dynamics for drinks, household products, packaged food, tobacco and unpackaged food from 2010 to 2020
- Sales of food and grocery products through the following channels from 2010 to 2020: Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; food and drinks specialists; convenience stores (including Independents) and gas stations; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; online; drug stores and health and beauty stores; vending machines; duty free retailers; department stores; other specialist retailers
- An overview of key food and grocery retailers operating across Canada and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the Canada retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including drinks, household products, packaged food, unpackaged food and tobacco in the market, with insights on performance across key channels from 2010, with forecasts until 2020
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3621794/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishershttp://www.reportbuyer.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/food-and-grocery-retailing-in-canada---market-summary-and-forecasts--comprehensive-overview-of-the-market-consumer-and-competitive-context-with-retail-sales-value-and-forecasts-to-2020-300285506.html