LONDON, Dec. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
Food and grocery accounted for 54.8% of total market retail sales in 2014. From ZAR514 billion in 2014, the food and grocery retail market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 6.29% over the forecast period, to reach ZAR697 billion by 2019. Rising disposable income, an ongoing trend of rapid urbanization, the adoption of private label brands, and increasing competition among retailers will transform the consumption pattern among consumers.
- Packaged food is the largest product category sold as of 2014.
- Private labels brands are gaining increasing adoption among the South Africa consumers.
- Sales through online channel are expected to grow at a CAGR of 18.4% during 2014-2019
"Food and Grocery Retailing in South Africa - Market Summary and Forecasts" is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2019.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting food and grocery retail dynamics for drinks, household products, packaged food, tobacco and unpackaged food from 2009 to 2019
- Sales of food and grocery products through the following channels from 2009 to 2019: Hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; food and drinks specialists; convenience stores (including Independents) and gas stations; cash and carries and warehouse clubs; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; online; drug stores and health and beauty stores; vending machines; duty free retailers; department stores; other specialist retailers
- An overview of key food and grocery retailers operating across South Africa and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the South Africa retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including drinks, household products, packaged food, unpackaged food and tobacco in the market, with insights on performance across key channels from 2009, with forecasts until 2019
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3477137/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers