Food Trucks Aren't Just For People
The Chef Michael's® Food Truck for Dogs Calls on Dogs and Their Owners to Share a Culinary Adventure; Introduces New Line & Kicks Off National Sweepstakes
ST. LOUIS, July 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As foodies flock to food trucks for tasty meal options, their four-legged friends continue to be underserved at the curb. That's why Chef Michael's® debuted its first Food Truck for Dogs in Boston – to treat pet owners and their four-legged friends to a lunch experience unlike any other.
"While the culinary world has embraced the food truck trend, dogs have largely been left out," said Joe Chatman, Chef Michael's Brand Manager. "Chef Michael's doesn't think that's right. Why shouldn't dogs have food trucks too?"
According to a recent survey(1), it looks as if the way to the heart is still through the stomach:
- More than four in five (84 percent) of dog owners surveyed believe that mealtime is a perfect opportunity to show their dog how much they love him or her.
- The same survey revealed that nearly six in 10 (59 percent) dog owners surveyed have patronized food trucks and 48 percent would likely take their dog to lunch or dinner at a food truck that provided food for dogs if there was one in their neighborhood.
- Six in 10 dog owners surveyed think that food trucks for dogs should be allowed to participate in festivals and events that are dedicated to food trucks.
It's no wonder the food truck community is going to the dogs – literally.
The Chef Michael's Food Truck for Dogs rolled through Boston recently and met several dogs and their owners who reveled in the opportunity to share a culinary adventure together with their dogs. Dog owners everywhere can get involved by following @thefoodfordogs on Twitter or visiting facebook.com/foodfordogs to tell Chef Michael's where the Food Truck for Dogs should go next. Starting in mid-July, visitors to the Chef Michael's Facebook page can sign a "PAW-tition" to show their support for food trucks for dogs.
"Pet owners have spoken and it's clear that what a dog eats should be just as remarkable as who the dog is," added Chatman. "Our Food Truck for Dogs is a reminder to everyone that dogs deserve a great meal experience too."
NEW CARVERY CREATIONS™
Chef Michael's believes that what your dog eats should be just as remarkable as who your dog is. That's why we work with animal cognition experts, nutritionists, dog behaviorists and, of course, chefs, to understand everything we can about dogs and food. Chef Michael's strives to take your dog on a culinary adventure every single day and we've just made that easier with NEW Carvery Creations™.
Carvery Creations celebrates everything you and your dog love about real meat: the cut, quality, cooking method and special touches. A feature of each chef-inspired flavor includes real beef or chicken in tender, pull-apart shreds, marinated in a savory sauce. Available in three delicious flavors:
- Beef Short Rib Flavor in a savory sauce
- Stewed Chicken Flavor in a savory sauce
- Braised Brisket Flavor in a savory sauce
Other Chef Michael's offerings include:
- Well-Rounded Dry Dinners that are 100 percent complete and balanced nutrition for adult dogs in either Oven Roasted Chicken Flavor or Grilled Sirloin Steak Flavor; and
- Mouthwatering In Sauce meals that feature tender pieces made with real beef or chicken and real vegetable garnishes in three varieties: Rotisserie Chicken Flavor, Beef Tenderloin Flavor and Sirloin Steak Flavor.
Visit www.chef-michaels.com for additional product information.
"CHEF MICHAEL'S FOOD FOR DOGS" SWEEPSTAKES
Chef Michael's is a brand that knows just as much about food as it does about dogs, and now like-minded pet owners can enter the "Chef Michael's Food for Dogs Sweepstakes" for a chance to win a culinary adventure in New York City, compliments of Food Network Magazine and Chef Michael's. The winner's beloved four-legged friend will receive a special prize package too, including a year's supply of Chef Michael's food for dogs. Visit foodnetmag.com/sweepstakes for complete Official Rules and information on how to enter the sweepstakes.
About Nestle Purina PetCare
Nestle Purina PetCare promotes responsible pet care, humane education, community involvement and the positive bond between people and their pets. The North American headquarters for Nestle Purina PetCare is located at Checkerboard Square in St. Louis, Missouri. Nestle Purina PetCare is part of Swiss-based Nestle S.A. -- the world's largest food company. For more, visit www.purina.com.
(1) The Chef Michael's Survey was conducted online via Kelton, in June of 2012 among 801 Americans ages 18 and over who own at least one dog. The margin of error was 3.5 percentage points.
SOURCE Chef Michael's
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.