Foodily Announces Tastemaker Team Featuring Celebrities, Renowned Chefs and Healthy Living Experts Follow experts, share recipes and get inspired at Foodily
SAN MATEO, Calif., March 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Foodily™, the social recipe network that lets you share recipes with friends and search recipes from across the web, has announced the launch of its Tastemaker Team. Food lovers can now follow daily food and drink suggestions from world-renowned chefs, cookbook authors, celebrities and health experts through their custom Foodily feed.
- Renowned Chef, Cat Cora, the first and only female Iron Chef on Food Network's Iron Chef America, mother of 4, cookbook author, restaurateur, humanitarian, food and lifestyle expert, and co-host of BRAVO's Around the World in 80 Plates (http://www.catcora.com/)
- Laurie David, environmental activist, producer of the Academy Award winning documentary, An Inconvenient Truth and the author of The Family Dinner: Great Ways to Connect with Your Kids, One Meal at a Time (http://www.thefamilydinnerbook.com)
- Cristina Ferrare, New York Times best selling author, talk show host, contributor to Oprah.com food blogs and videos (http://cristinaferrarecooks.com/)
- Lisa McRee, Journalist, former Good Morning America Anchor and creator of the food blog, The Skinny (http://www.theskinny.us.com/)
- Chef Bradley Ogden, James Beard Award-winning chef behind Bradley Ogden at Caesar's Palace Las Vegas and California's Lark Creek Restaurant Group, and author of Holiday Dinners with Bradley Ogden and Bradley Ogden's Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. (http://www.chefbradleyogden.com/)
- Rob Riggle actor, comedian, writer and U.S. Marine, currently starring in Dr. Seuss' The Lorax and the upcoming 21 Jump Street, connoisseur of hearty meals (http://www.robriggle.com/)
By following Tastemakers, cooking exactly the way you want is always within reach, regardless of your eating preferences or dietary restrictions. Foodily users can reference what dishes their favorite food experts choose–from low-carb to low fat, to family friendly and socially responsible. For example, by following journalist Lisa McRee, people will see recipes Lisa used to lose more than 30 pounds in 4 months along with other weight management selections. People interested in serving meals they thought would be too difficult, costly and time consuming can follow Cristina Ferrare for simple yet elegant meals for the family and entertaining friends. Busy parents can follow Naptime Chef, Kelsey Banfield, to learn how to cook simple family food on a tight schedule.
"Whether you're looking for the perfect pasta dish, need entertaining advice from celebrity caterer Lulu Powers, or are on a quest for simple, yet sensational meals from Cat Cora, Foodily connects you to the right Tastemakers to follow," said Andrea Cutright, CEO of Foodily. "More than ever, people want to share recipes and benefit from the experience of others. Foodily is enabling people, for the first time, to connect to the friends and experts they trust online."
With Foodily's recent Facebook Timeline integration, not only can you discover great recipes, you can access them quickly and easily. With a simple "fave" of a recipe from Foodily.com, the Foodily app on Facebook, or the free Foodily app for iPhone, your newfound favorites appear in the Facebook Ticker and are saved to your personal Timeline.
This prestigious panel of celebrities, chefs, authors and foodies serve up unique food perspectives and have been selected by Foodily to help direct the diverse needs and tastes of Foodily users. For a full list of featured Foodily Tastemakers, please visit http://www.foodily.com/tastemakers.
Visuals available at http://blog.foodily.com/press-page/.
For interview opportunities with select Tastemakers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foodily makes it easy to discover, collect, and share the food you love. Use Foodily to find out what friends want to eat, find and save foods that meet various eating styles or follow friends and food experts who inspire you. Based in San Mateo, CA, the company is backed by leading venture capital firm Index Ventures. Visit www.foodily.com and share what you love to eat.