ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Ga., Oct. 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- For National Seafood Month this October, SeaPak is helping families get inspired and enjoy seafood twice a week by providing them with Shrimptacular recipes and engaging content.
"The campaign this fall is all about showing seafood lovers how to 'Make It Shrimptacular,'" said Megan Grinstead, Director of Marketing, SeaPak Shrimp & Seafood Co., the #1 shrimp brand in frozen specialty seafood.
"Throughout the year, moms and their families look to us for seafood inspiration and mealtime solutions," Grinstead added. "So we're utilizing a mix of promotions this fall to provide them with fresh ideas and help them add seafood to their diets more often."
To kick off Shrimptacular, the brand has extended the availability of its "SeaPak Summer Jams" Pandora radio station through the end of October. Coupons will also be offered each Wednesday during October to subscribers of SeaPak's Coastal Catch e-newsletter, as well as on the brand's website.
Additionally, on Facebook and Instagram, SeaPak is putting seafood lovers to the test in a user-generated, elimination-style recipe contest. Here, fans will be given the chance to win a $1,000 gift card and other prizes for submitting photos of their original recipes – using SeaPak products and a "mystery ingredient."
Elsewhere, the brand will continue the excitement with a new step-by-step recipe video featuring a quick-and-easy taco bowl starring SeaPak Jumbo Butterfly Shrimp.
Yet another easy way to "Make It Shrimptacular" is to serve up a couple handmade pizzas using buttery SeaPak Shrimp Scampi.
Individual Shrimp Scampi Pizzas
1 frozen 12-ounce package SeaPak Shrimp Scampi
1 pound store-bought pizza dough, fresh (or thawed, if bought frozen)
1 cup diced grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Zest of 1 lemon
1 cup arugula
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray two large baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Divide the pizza dough into 4 equal pieces and, using your hands, stretch each piece into the shape of a 6-inch pizza crust disk. Place two disks on each baking sheet.
- Prepare shrimp scampi according to package directions and keep warm.
- Brush some of the warm scampi juice on each pizza dough disk and top with the diced tomatoes.
- Bake pizza dough disks for 15 minutes, rotating the baking sheets between upper and lower oven racks, to ensure even cooking.
- After 15 minutes, remove pizza crusts from oven and divide the shrimp scampi evenly among the 4 pizzas. Top each crust with mozzarella cheese and put all the crusts back in oven for another 3-5 minutes.
- While crusts are in oven, toss the Parmesan, lemon zest and arugula in a small bowl.
- Remove pizzas from oven. (Crusts should be a golden brown.) Top each pizza with the Parmesan-arugula mixture and serve.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/for-national-seafood-month-seapak-invites-families-to-make-life-a-little-more-coastal-by-making-it-shrimptacular-300338143.html