For Third Consecutive Year, MobileIron Named a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management Software Evaluation Based on Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., May 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MobileIron, the Mobile IT platform for enterprise apps, documents, and devices, today announced it has been named a leader by Gartner, Inc. in the 2013 "Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management Software."* This marks the third consecutive year that MobileIron has been named to the Leaders Quadrant. Almost 5,000 enterprises around the world have now chosen MobileIron as the foundation for their Mobile First initiatives.
The entire report can be viewed here: http://www.mobileiron.com/en/analyst-report/gartner-2013-report-magic-quadrant-mobile-device-management-software.
According to the report, "Interest and adoption in mobile device management continues to grow at a fast rate, with companies looking for enterprise security and mobile optimization and enablement. Strong offerings go beyond policy to support enterprise mobile management."
"Customer success through focus and innovation is the heartbeat of MobileIron," said Bob Tinker, CEO, MobileIron. "We believe our position in the Leaders Quadrant recognizes our ability to establish a strong vision for enterprise mobility and earn the trust of our customers on their journeys to becoming Mobile First organizations. To do this, we have built a Mobile IT platform that scales globally, innovates rapidly, and deploys easily both in the cloud and on-premise."
Mobile First Customer Journey
Mobile First organizations embrace mobility as their primary IT platform in order to transform their businesses and increase their competitiveness. The Mobile First Customer Journey has three steps. The first step is migrating to the new generation of mobile smartphones and tablets and adopting ownership models like BYOD without sacrificing enterprise security or employee privacy. The second step is moving beyond email to mobile apps and content. The third step is driving true business transformation through the creation of new user experiences and business models that are only possible through mobile. MobileIron's mission is to power this revolutionary Mobile First transformation.
Mobile First Platform Innovation
Mobile user requirements and technologies evolve rapidly. The extensibility of the MobileIron platform led to the development and delivery of several unique solutions over the last year:
- MobileIron was named Best Enterprise Mobile Service at the 2013 GSMA Mobile World Congress for its ability to separate business apps, content, and policies into an enterprise persona that can be managed separately from personal data.
- MobileIron AppConnect was the first app containerization solution to provide dynamic policies and tunneling through both an SDK and app wrapper.
- MobileIron App Delivery Network was the first app provisioning solution to allow the delivery of in-house enterprise apps to thousands of users without increased internal network load or download latency.
- MobileIron Docs@Work was the first mobile DLP solution to stop the loss of email attachments in the native mobile email user experience.
- MobileIron VSP V5 was the first on-premise mobile management appliance to be scale-tested for 100,000 fully-configured mobile devices on a single server.
- MobileIron Connected Cloud was the first mobile management cloud service to both complete a SOC 2 Type I assessment and provide full operational service transparency.
- MobileIron was granted the patents for mobile application management (U.S. Patent Number 8,359,016) and mobile activity intelligence (U.S. Patent Number 8,340,633).
Mobile First Business Scale
Mobile First is a global phenomenon and requires software vendors to be able to scale their businesses rapidly while providing the highest levels of customer service.
- The largest companies in the world are going mobile, with 8 of the top 10 automotive manufacturers, 7 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies, 5 of the top 10 banks, 5 of the top 10 law firms, and 4 of the top 10 retailers in the world choosing MobileIron as their Mobile IT platform.
- The overall MobileIron customer base is now almost 5,000 enterprises.
- The MobileIron global partner network now includes over 10,000 sales and support staff trained on the MobileIron platform. This ecosystem allows the MobileIron business to scale rapidly while providing customers the local support they require.
- As a result of this global reach, almost 50% of the MobileIron customer base is now outside North America.
- MobileIron customer support satisfaction exceeds 95% as a result of extensive investments in support personnel, MobileIron University, and best practice development.
*Gartner, Inc., "Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management Software" by Phillip Redman, John Girard, Terrence Cosgrove, Monica Basso, May 23, 2013. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The leader in security and management for mobile apps, documents, and devices, MobileIron's mission is to enable global companies to become Mobile First organizations, embracing mobility as their primary IT platform in order to transform their businesses and increase their competitiveness. Recognized by IDC as the fastest growing mobile enterprise management vendor in the world, MobileIron provides the scalable architecture, rapid innovation, and best practices for global companies to transform into Mobile First organizations. Leading global companies use MobileIron as the foundation for their Mobile First initiatives, including 8 of the top 10 automotive manufacturers, 7 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies, 5 of the top 10 banks, 5 of the top 10 law firms, and 4 of the top 10 retailers. For more information, please visit www.mobileiron.com.