Ford Fusion, Ford Explorer and Lincoln MKZ Rank Highest in Durability in 2012 J.D. Power and Associates' Vehicle Dependability Study
DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford Motor Company has six vehicles among the top three in their respective award segments: Ford Fusion, Ford Explorer, Lincoln MKZ, Lincoln MKX, Ford Ranger and Ford Taurus
- Ford Fusion received the Midsize Car award for the second consecutive year; Ford Explorer received the Midsize Crossover/SUV award; Lincoln MKZ received the Entry Premium Car award and has received an award in its segment for four consecutive years (Zephyr in 2009)
- The study asks owners about problems they've experienced in the past 12 months with their three-year-old vehicles (for the 2012 study, 2009 model-year vehicles were surveyed)
Ford Motor Company's (NYSE: F) continuing emphasis on long-term quality is paying off for its customers.
Ford Motor Company has six vehicles ranked in the top three for long-term durability in their segment in the annual J.D. Power and Associates' 2012 Vehicle Dependability Study.
The vehicles are:
- Ford Fusion, which also received the Midsize Car award for the second consecutive year
- Ford Explorer which received the Midsize Crossover/SUV award (in a tie),
- Lincoln MKZ, which received the Entry Premium Car award (in a tie) has received an award in its segment for the last four years (Zephyr in 2009).
- Lincoln MKX, ranked second among Midsize Premium Crossovers/SUVs
- Ford Ranger, ranked second among Midsize Pickups
- Ford Taurus, ranked third among Large Cars
According to the study, other Ford models such as the Ford Mustang also performed particularly well, although there is no award in this segment.
The study asks owners about problems they have experienced in the past 12 months with their three-year-old vehicles (for the 2012 study, 2009 model-year vehicles were surveyed). Survey respondents were asked to indicate any problems they experienced with their vehicle in the past 12 months, choosing from a list of more than 200 issues in eight diverse categories.
"It's the customers who come out ahead," said Bennie Fowler, Ford Group Vice President, Global Quality and New Model Launches. "The vehicles we are building today are more reliable than ever. Ford has made significant strides over the past few years to achieve world-class levels of long-term quality and desirability."
According to J.D. Power and Associates, Ford models have performed very well in dependability during the past several years. Building vehicles with high levels of dependability is critical in shaping consumer perceptions, but such perceptions are also often based on historical experiences or anecdotes and may be out of line with the current reality. J.D. Power and Associates recommends that consumers gather as much information as they can on the latest models from a variety of sources to make an informed decision.
"The results of this study are extremely gratifying," said Fowler. "The ranking amongst the top 10 brands achieved by Ford and Lincoln speaks to our ongoing commitment to develop and deliver best-in-class products."
For more information on J.D. Power and Associates' 2012 Vehicle Dependability Study please visit JDPower.com.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 164,000 employees and about 70 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.
SOURCE Ford Motor Company
More by this Source
Ford Volunteers Help Feed Thousands in Local Communities
Dec 06, 2013, 00:01 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.