Former Heads Of State, CIA & NASA Missions To Enrich Crystal Voyages In 2013
LOS ANGELES, April 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The two-term former president of Switzerland, NASA's lead flight controller for Apollo missions and a general who was once the highest ranking intelligence officer in the United States Armed Forces will bring their considerable clout aboard Crystal Cruises this year. The guest speakers are part of a distinguished lineup of internationally influential, preeminent leaders set to present complimentary lectures and interactive Q & A sessions on several of the line's ultra-luxurious voyages, including:
- Kaspar Villiger – Formerly the president of Switzerland, as well as the chairman of UBS Bank, Villiger is one of the world's leading authorities on business, government and finance, whose influence and leadership has affected global economies (September 2, London to Barcelona);
- General Michael Hayden – The retired Director of both the CIA and NSA, and four-star U.S. Air Force General, brings a wealth of knowledge and intelligence from his nearly four decades of military duty and national service (September 19, Venice to Monte Carlo, President's Cruise with Crystal President Gregg Michel);
- Sy Liebergot – The lead controller at NASA's Mission Control served during the legendary Apollo program (November 23, Miami to Rio de Janeiro);
- Norm Mineta – The ex-U.S. Secretary of Transportation and congressman is also the recipient of the Martin Luther King Jr. Commemorative Medal for his civil rights efforts (September 11, Barcelona to Venice); and
- Nando Parrado – The ultimate survivor, Uruguayan rugby player-turned-motivational speaker was aboard the ill-fated flight over the Andes that later became the subject of the film Alive (July 6, Istanbul to Rome).
The speakers join an already-extensive roster of leading experts set to enlighten guests sailing Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity in 2013, including a U.K.-based celebrity florist, award-winning photographers, show business veterans and a bevy of historians and professors. Crystal often brings expert minds together on their "Ocean Views"-themed cruises, with speakers debating current issues with each other in a live panel that includes audience participation.
"Our guests are worldly, well-educated travelers who seek not only new adventures while on vacation, but also new information and perspectives on topics that affect the world we explore," says Bret Bullock, vice president of entertainment. "With such fascinating experiences and knowledge to share, these presenters are certain to spark some stimulating discussions on board."
Crystal's award-winning, luxurious offerings always include a diverse selection of thought-provoking, scholarly, and sophisticated enrichment activities that provide extensive on-board choices for cultured world travelers.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.
SOURCE Crystal Cruises