SAN DIEGO, July 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- FortuneBuilders, the nation's premier real estate investing education and business development company, will bring their national financial literacy program for teens to Orange County. The initiative, Future FortuneBuilders (FFB), which has brought teen development camps to major markets across the nation, will host their largest event of the year in Costa Mesa, Thursday, July 14 to Sunday, July 17.
The Future FortuneBuilders program has organized a 4-day camp for teens aged 13-17 based on a curriculum of financial skills seldom taught in traditional schools. In partnership with FortuneBuilders philanthropic arm, FortuneBuilders Gives, nearly 100 local teens will receive scholarships for the program, with an additional small group of students in partnership with the local Boys and Girls Club.
"We're excited to bring our program to the community of Orange County, and to partner with local charities in the area," said Than Merrill, CEO of FortuneBuilders. "We hope by doing so we can make even more of an impact on the community, raise more awareness for our initiative and set a great example for the students who attend."
The Costa Mesa event will be the 6th camp of the national campaign this year, having had several successful events from San Francisco to Washington DC. The FFB camp will also be a longer 4-day summer camp versus the standard 2-day camp hosted during the school year.
"I look forward to our summer camp programs as they allow us to give students a more diverse curriculum and a more impactful experience," explained JP Servideo, Speaker and Co-founder of Future FortuneBuilders. "During this 4-day event, students will learn irreplaceable life skills, including money management and how to build credit early in life."
In conjunction with the teen development camp FortuneBuilders will be hosting 'A Night Under The Stars' to raise funds for upcoming Future FortuneBuilders initiatives. The event will include dinner, cocktails and a silent auction and will be hosted at the Hilton Hotel in Costa Mesa. 700 guests are expected to be in attendance, with tickets on sale for $15 per person.
To find out more about the development camp and upcoming events, please visit the FortuneBuilders Gives website.
Planned activities during the FFB development camp include:
- Thursday - Day 1 is a full day in the classroom, with a curriculum geared towards goal setting, creating habits and a general overview of the importance of financial education.
- Friday - The following day is content heavy, with topics including budgeting, investing, credit and taxes; but will include games and team projects.
- Saturday AM - On Saturday, July 16 from 10:00 a.m.- noon., FFB students will team up with local Orange County nonprofit, CoastKeeper, to clean up Huntington State Beach.
- Saturday PM - In partnership with Cindy and Than's nonprofit organization, the Equal Footing Foundation, FFB students will break a sweat learning about the importance of fitness at Del Mesa Park in Costa Mesa on Saturday, July 16 from 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Sunday - The final day focuses on career paths, interview skills and building resumes, with a live Q&A panel of successful entrepreneurs.
About FortuneBuilders Inc.
FortuneBuilders is a premier real estate education and business development company headquartered in San Diego, CA. Founded by expert real estate investor and A&E "Flip This House" star Than Merrill, FortuneBuilders provides mentorship programs, live education events and additional resources and tools for the novice or pro seeking to start or enhance their real estate business. Learn more at FortuneBuilders.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fortunebuilders-brings-teen-financial-literacy-campaign-to-orange-county-300298645.html