MENLO PARK, Calif., April 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- At a time when the World Health Organization announces that depression tops the list of ill health conditions, the Abide mobile app built by Carpenters Code reports that their guided Christian meditation platform is helping 4 million users in 210 countries alleviate their depression, anxiety and day-to-day worries. For more than a year, the fast growing mobile app has been ranked in the Top 10 by iTunes for the search term "depression." Abide users report that the guided meditations help them calm down wherever they are, regardless of the time they may have.
The first step The World Health Organization recommends for recovery of depression is to speak to someone they trust. Meditation, a long held Christian tradition to connect with God, is making a big comeback through the Abide mobile application. Abide reaches millions daily through their partners, the YouVersion Bible app and Christian radio station KLOVE, and tracks more than 15,000 new downloads per month for the past two years.
"Christian meditation is one of the best ways to fight depression, the world's leading illness, which often can go untreated," said Neil Ahlsten, co-founder of Carpenters Code. "Our guided meditation app is designed to meet the often very private needs of people in the midst of very busy lives. Our users report that Abide helps them find pockets of time to connect with God for peace and stability in their lives."
Stats for Abide - Christian Guided Meditation
- Abide's topic on anxiety and worry is streamed 3 times more than any other topic in their more than 1,500 meditation sessions.
- In a blind study among hundreds of people praying the Abide guided prayers, four of the top descriptions were: calming, comforting, soothing, and peaceful.
- Since inception, Abide users have meditated for 2.2 million hours, an equivalent of 250 years.
- 4 million users turn to Abide either over the web or use the mobile app.
Stats for Depression - World Health Organization
- More than 300 million people live with depression, up 18% over a 10 year period.
- Even in high-income countries, nearly 50% of people with depression do not get treatment.
- Read more in Abide's blog
- Check out Abide's video-guided meditations on YouTube
- Follow Abide on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Download the app on iTunes or Google Play
Abide, built by Carpenters Code in Silicon Valley, is the leading digital platform for Christian meditation reaching 4 million users in 210 countries. The daily guided meditations, led by members of the Abide team and prominent guest leaders, offer a range of topics and guides based upon Scripture and proven meditational practices. Available for free or $29.99 a year with premium content through iTunes or Google Play.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/four-million-turn-to-guided-christian-meditation-app-for-relief-of-depression-anxiety-and-spiritual-health-300437896.html
SOURCE Carpenters Code