GREENSBORO, N.C., Jan. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Guilford County PAGE (Partners for the Advancement of Gifted Education) is sponsoring two free webinar opportunities to help parents of academically gifted middle and high school students identify and secure merit scholarships.
The one-hour webinars will be available on February 4, 2016, 12 - 1 p.m. (EST) and February 7, 2016, 2 - 3 p.m. (EST). Registration is free and open to the public by visiting http://guilfordcountypage.org/programs-2. The webinar will address the following topics:
- Why parents should start thinking about scholarships when their child is in middle school
- What to do before you start looking to search most efficiently
- Why GPA is less important than you think for many scholarships
- Merit scholarships awarded by colleges
- Great colleges that offer big scholarships (full tuition or more)
- National Merit Scholarship competition
- Tips from students who have won scholarships
Webinar presenter Susan Goodkin from the California Learning Strategies Center is a graduate of Harvard University, Harvard Law School, and Oxford University, where she was a Rhodes Scholar. Goodkin's student clients have been accepted to Harvard, Yale, Stanford, MIT, Brown, Duke, Columbia and many others.
Who: Guilford County PAGE
What: Webinar: Finding Merit Scholarships
When: Thursday, February 4, 2016, 12 - 1 p.m. or Sunday, February 7, 2016, 2 - 3 p.m.
About Guilford County PAGE
Guilford County PAGE is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to support the community's brightest young minds with strong advocacy for the advancement of gifted education by providing the tools to engage and empower all those involved with gifted children, thereby building tomorrow's leaders today. Guilford County PAGE is an affiliate of the North Carolina Association for the Gifted and Talented.
SOURCE Guilford County PAGE