BELOIT, Wis., Dec. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- FatWallet.com, the savings resource for millions of online deal hunters, launches Free Shipping Week featuring details on dozens of major retailers already offering free shipping with no minimum, with some continuing past Free Shipping Day (*see list below). Gift seekers running up against the clock can access a comprehensive 2016 Holiday Shipping Deadlines Guide (courtesy of sister site BFAds.net) to help them identify retailer schedules for free, standard and expedited shipping charges. The guide also includes which stores offer free in-store pickup, right up to Christmas Eve.
A new FatWallet 2016 Holiday Gift Buying Study reports 6 in 10 holiday shoppers claim free shipping is most important factor when making gift purchases online. "There's no need for shoppers to wait for Free Shipping Day to get free shipping," said Brent Shelton, FatWallet Online Shopping Expert. "FatWallet has created a one-stop resource to assure last minute shoppers will find stores to ship holiday gifts in time to share with family and friends."
Free Shipping Day Hacks:
- Free Shipping Day: Many stores offer exclusive discounts during the Dec. 16 event, some include free shipping with no minimum while other stores drop the spending requirement needed to get free shipping, it's important to know the difference.
- Free Shipping Week: The hype to only get free shipping on Dec. 16 is overstated as dozens of stores offer free shipping with no minimum all week and beyond Free Shipping Day (see list of stores below).
- Spend Enough: Most stores require shoppers to spend a specific amount of money in order to avoid shipping costs (Walmart offers free shipping with every $50 spent). Meet this spending threshold to take advantage of the savings on delivery costs.
- Site to Store: Procrastinators will face expedited shipping costs next week, but many stores offer free in-store pickup for available inventory, allowing online shoppers to gain an online discount and pickup their gifts the same day, even on Christmas Eve.
- Haggle: Can't find free shipping offers? Try calling customer service (or use a store's chat feature) and ask how to get free shipping. Many store representatives will help you find a discount on shipping costs in order to keep you as a customer.
- Compare Store Offers: A store offering an item with free shipping may sell that item at a higher price than another store that doesn't offer free shipping. Compare shipping offers with prices, coupons, cash back and other discounts to get the best deals.
Free Shipping with No Minimum List:
Retailers offering free delivery of gift purchase before, during and after Free Shipping Day include Target, Best Buy, Toys R Us, Microsoft Store, Verizon, HP, Under Armour, Office Depot/Office Max, JBL, Eddie Bauer, Blue Nile, Nordstrom, Overstock, Crutchfield, Buydig, Neiman Marcus, Canon, Petco, American Eagle, Puma, Saks Fifth Avenue, Samsung Store and others, see FatWallet Free Shipping Deals guide.
About: FatWallet is a smart resource for millions of online and mobile shoppers to find and share thousands of current coupons and deals from more than 2,000 retailers, like Kohl's, Amazon, Walmart and Ebay. The much-celebrated FatWallet forums represent the pulse of an evolving online and mobile marketplace where the savviest deal hunters in the world gather to share and learn about ways to save money on everyday needs, wants and personal finance decisions.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/free-shipping-day-hacks-reveal-delivery-savings-now-through-sunday-300377665.html