FreeDating.co.uk Survey Reveals Lib Dem Supporters Are Most Romantic
LONDON, February 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
A survey by dating site FreeDating.co.uk asked users how positive or negative they were to Valentine's Day, and combined their answers with anonymised data from their dating profiles.
A statistician built a model from the data, which predicts someone's attitude to Valentine's Day, based on a variety of commonly-held personal attributes (as found in a typical online dating profile).
One of the strongest predictors is political persuasion, along with how politically active that person is.
Liberal Democrats are particularly positive to Valentine's Day - along with lawyers, Christians, and women who don't read books.
Both Tory and Labour voters are particularly negative to Valentine's Day, beaten only by atheists and scientists. Married men looking to cheat on their wives are marginally more positive than Tory and Labour supporters.
Other findings include:
- Women overall are significantly more enthusiastic than men, nearly 10% so.
- A strong interest in any political party, other than the Liberal Democrats, is linked to a decreasing interest in Valentine's Day.
- Whether or not men are religious is highly polarizing, with Christians and Catholics being amongst the most positive, and Atheists and Agnostics being amongst the most negative.
- Occupation is virtually irrelevant - unless you are a lawyer (extremely positive) or a scientist (extremely negative).
- The more serious a relationship someone is looking for, the more pro-Valentines they are.
- Women who read books are more negative than those who don't.
- Effect is cumulative, meaning that where two or more attributes are combined, the effect is magnified accordingly. So a non-believing Tory scientist would be especially unlikely to entertain Valentine's Day.
Read the FreeDating.co.uk blog post on this research here:
See an infographic here:
You are free to use this infographic on your blog or website, as long as you acknowledge FreeDating.co.uk as the source, including a link to our website at http://www.freedating.co.uk
We also have web and print versions here:
FreeDating.co.uk was established in 2005 by Dan Winchester.
Everyone on FreeDating.co.uk can use all the features of the site, including sending and replying to messages, completely free of charge.
The site has around 50,000 active UK members at any one time, with around 10,000 new members joining each month.
The business is profitable, growing, and is operated by a team based in Reading, UK.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.