FreeWave Extends Line of Licensed Spectrum Radios With Introduction of LRS415 Series for Canada and Mexico Narrowband radio for wireless Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications adds coverage of the 406 to 430MHz bands to FreeWave's product line
BOULDER, Colo., Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FreeWave Technologies, (http://www.freewave.com), manufacturer of the most reliable, high-performance spread spectrum and licensed radios for critical data transmission, today announced its LRS415 Series of narrowband, M2M wireless licensed radios. The new family of radios transmits on frequency bands between 406.1 MHz and 430 MHz and combines the performance of the company's two LRS400 radios into a single product.
The LRS415 is targeted at global markets that permit or license, narrowband frequency ranges (typically 12.5kHz channels) between 406MHz and 430MHz and offers data rates of 19.2 kbps. Initially, the LRS415 Series will be available in Canada and Mexico and will soon be available for other international markets, such as Russia, China, Australia and South American countries. With a 2 watt transmitter and Gaussian Frequency-Shift Keying (GFSK) modulation, the LRS415 addresses customers' most critical data communications – providing up to 70-mile line of sight data links.
"The LRS415 series meets the needs of our international customers by giving them a solution that is not only reliable, but offers low power requirements and great line of sight capabilities," said Ashish Sharma, chief marketing officer, at FreeWave Technologies. "The LRS415 greatly expands FreeWave's coverage of the 400MHz spectrum by operating from 406MHz to 430MHz with a single solution that combines the power of two LRS400 radios into one."
Additional benefits of the LRS415 include:
- Once configured, the LRS415 can operate as a master station, repeater, repeater/endpoint or endpoint. The result is a single radio SKU to inventory and maintain thus simplifying product procurement and network maintenance.
- The LRS415 is built for operating in applications that need reliable M2M communication and where low power consumption is a critical requirement. To meet these objectives, the LRS415 has a 2 watt transmitter, outstanding receiver sensitivity (-116dBm, BER 10E-4) resulting in a powerful, yet thrifty radio that gets data through reliably.
- The LRS415 has a RS232 Interface which is the standard in the oil and gas market. The use of a standard interface allows easy integration of the LRS415 in SCADA and measurement equipment.
- FreeWave's LRS product line has proven technology and provides long service life, which is backed up by 24x7 product support and a three-year warranty.
The LRS415 comes in three models: the LRS415-CE, LRS415-C and LRS415-T. The full series is available now.
For more information on FreeWave, visit (www.freewave.com).
Connect With Others About this Story:
- @freewavetech releases new LRS415 licensed #wireless #M2M radio for #global markets
- Newsroom (http://www.freewave.com/Company/NEWSEVENTS.aspx)
- Twitter (https://twitter.com/freewavetech)
- Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/FreeWave-Technologies/323638857657624?sk=map&activecategory=Photos&session id=1334633577)
About FreeWave Technologies
Founded in 1993, FreeWave Technologies manufactures the most reliable, high performance, lowest power consumption, spread spectrum and licensed radios for mission-critical data transmission. Through engineering excellence and a relentless commitment to best-in-class manufacturing, FreeWave customers enjoy superior network up-time, range and the lowest cost of ownership in its class. Based in Boulder, Colorado, FreeWave designs and manufactures radios that are the leading choice for oil and gas, utility, military and numerous other industrial applications. Organizations that count on radio data communications for operational success trust FreeWave for custom network design, system engineering and customer support that is unparalleled in the market. For additional information, contact FreeWave directly at 866.399.4930 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the company's website at (www.freewave.com).
303-581-7760 ext. 19
SOURCE FreeWave Technologies