FreeWave Technologies' FGR2-PE Now Available for Alternative Energy Applications License-free spread spectrum radio combines both serial and Ethernet connectivity and offers reliable communication over long distances
DALLAS, May 24 /PRNewswire/ -- WINDPOWER 2010, Booth #2428 -- FreeWave Technologies, (http://www.freewave.com), manufacturer of best-in-class spread spectrum and licensed radios for critical data transmission, today announced the availability of the FGR2-PE for applications in alternative energy markets. The recent addition to FreeWave's FGRplus family of radios has already been successfully used for applications in Smart Grid markets. It offers 2-ports each of active serial and Ethernet wireless connectors using license-free spread spectrum for long distance data communication. The FGR2-PE also is very well suited for SCADA applications in other markets such as water/wastewater and oil and gas.
"The FGR2-PE is the next generation solution for critical data transmission in all industrial markets, especially those with applications in Smart Grid, wind and solar power," said Colin Lippincott, general manager of renewable energy markets at FreeWave. "Having both serial and Ethernet ports allows users to transition from serial to Ethernet data communication without having to replace RTUs, and get additional ports with additional functionality all at the same time."
Key features and benefits of the FGR2-PE include:
- Transition to IP-based communications without replacing other hardware such as RTUs.
- Compatibility with other FreeWave FGRplus family radios.
- Two Ethernet ports and two serial ports immediately activated and at NO ADDITIONAL COST.
- Best-in-class wireless serial or Ethernet communication over long distances and in difficult RF environments all in addressable, secure IP.
- Low power consumption, which makes it suitable for remote installations and leads to significant cost savings.
- An industrial-grade, small and rugged enclosure that offers mounting and installation versatility.
- Integrated security options (e.g. AES encryption) and proprietary spread spectrum technology.
The FGR2-PE radios are available immediately for shipment. Additional information is available online at http://www.freewave.com/products/product-274.html or by contacting FreeWave at 866-923-9948.
About FreeWave Technologies
Founded in 1993, FreeWave Technologies manufactures the most reliable, high performing, lowest power consumption, spread spectrum and licensed radios for mission-critical data transmission. Through engineering excellence and a relentless commitment to best-in-class manufacturing, FreeWave customers enjoy superior radio up-time, range and the lowest cost of ownership available. Based in Boulder, Colorado, FreeWave designs and manufactures radios that are the leading choice for oil and gas, utility, military and numerous other industrial applications. Organizations that count on radio data communications for operational success – where failure and down-time are not an option – trust FreeWave for custom network design, system engineering and customer support that is unparalleled in the market. For additional information, contact FreeWave directly at 866.399.4930 or at email@example.com. Visit the company's website at www.freewave.com.
303.581.7760, ext. 19
SOURCE FreeWave Technologies, Inc.