Fresh-Baked Springtime Favorites
NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Say goodbye to frost and flannel, and hello to blue skies and spring celebrations. To help welcome the arrival of spring, we're sharing some of our favorite seasonal recipes that bring bright flavors to any occasion through this free electronic cookbook.
"We know that spring is a wonderful time to get together with friends and family, and those cherished moments usually involve great food," said Linda Carman, Martha White® baking expert. "Whether you're hosting a brunch or Sunday lunch, we hope this e-book will help you find the perfect dishes. Our Mini Coconut Cakes with Coconut Cream are delicious and beautiful, and best of all, they're quick and easy."
From brunch to sides, and breads to desserts, rely on the Southern heritage of Martha White to make your special occasions a big hit. Download and print the free Martha White Springtime Cookbook at www.marthawhite.com to make this recipe and others.
Mini Coconut Cakes with Coconut Cream
Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 large egg
1/3 cup Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
2 (7 oz.) packages Martha White® Wild Berry Flavored Muffin Mix
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut flakes
Coconut Cream Filling
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
Toasted sweetened flaked coconut, for garnish
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- For Cupcakes: BLEND egg, oil, and 1 cup coconut milk in large bowl. Stir in muffin mixes and 1/2 cup coconut just until blended. Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For Filling: BEAT cream cheese and 1/3 cup coconut milk in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed until well blended. Add powdered sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping.
- SLICE cupcakes horizontally. Spoon filling on bottom half. Replace top half. Top with a dollop of filling. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Makes 12 mini cakes
Crisco is a trademark of the J.M. Smucker Company.
CONTACT: Andrea Lindsley, 615-780-3315, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Martha White
More by this Source
Grand Prize Winner Announced In The Martha White® Holiday Muffin Mix Challenge™
Nov 22, 2013, 15:44 ET
Kick off the Holidays with Cranberry Upside-Down Cakes
Oct 24, 2013, 15:16 ET
'Tis The Season To Create With Martha White®
Sep 04, 2013, 11:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.