ANN ARBOR, Mich., June 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Soccer players from around the world aren't the only ones preparing for the big tournament. Delivery drivers and pizza makers – from Brazil to Australia and England to Japan – at Domino's Pizza (NYSE: DPZ), the recognized world leader in pizza delivery, are also gearing up for the rush of the soccer matches.
Domino's is counting down the minutes until the global soccer tournament kicks off and celebrating all that is new since the 2010 matches.
"The last big soccer matches were four years ago and since then, Domino's has launched a number of new products and technology," said Chris Brandon, Domino's Pizza spokesperson. "Now customers have even more product and ordering options to choose from, making the games a great time to gather around the TV, cheer on their favorite soccer team, and enjoy a delicious meal from Domino's."
Since 2010 – the year Domino's reinvented itself with a new pizza recipe – it has continued to innovate itself with new menu items and technology. Here is a highlight of Domino's top 10 innovations since the last global soccer tournament:
- Artisan Pizzas (2011)
- Stuffed Cheesy Bread (2011)
- iPhone®, iPod Touch®, Windows Phone 8® and iPad® ordering apps (2011-2014)
- Handmade Pan Pizza (2012)
- Gluten Free Crust (2012)
- Parmesan Bread Bites (2012)
- Online Ordering Pizza Profiles (2013)
- Easy Order on Ford SYNC AppLink System (2014)
- Specialty Chicken (2014)
- Online Group Ordering Tool (2014)
"Our store team members are ready to make hot, great-tasting pizzas and meals for millions of soccer fans around the world," said Brandon. "Whether customers order digitally, in-person or over the phone, Domino's is ready to deliver."
Domino's Pizza Fun Soccer Facts
- During the soccer games in 2010, Domino's delivered enough pizzas to stretch across more than 40,000 soccer fields (lengthwise).
- During the 2010 matches, Domino's produced enough dough to match the weight of more than 24,988,000 soccer balls.
- It takes more than 85,000 Domino's pizza boxes to cover a 130 by 100-yard soccer field.
- Domino's delivered enough chicken wings (boneless and bone-in) to match the weight of more than 1,495,000 soccer balls during the games in 2010.
About Domino's Pizza®
Founded in 1960, Domino's Pizza is the recognized world leader in pizza delivery, with a significant business in carryout pizza. It ranks among the world's top public restaurant brands with its global enterprise of more than 10,900 stores in over 70 international markets. Domino's had global retail sales of over $8.0 billion in 2013, comprised of nearly $3.8 billion in the U.S. and over $4.2 billion internationally. In the first quarter of 2014, Domino's had global retail sales of over $2.0 billion, comprised of $0.9 billion in the U.S. and $1.1 billion internationally. Its system is made up of franchise owner-operators who accounted for over 96% of the Domino's Pizza stores as of the first quarter of 2014. The emphasis on technology innovation helped Domino's generate approximately 40% of sales in the U.S. from its digital channels in 2013, as well as reach an estimated $3 billion annually in global digital sales. Domino's recently launched its ordering app for iPad®, adding to an existing ordering app lineup that covers nearly 95% of the U.S. smartphone market. Continuing its focus on menu enhancement, Domino's launched Specialty Chicken in April 2014.
Order - www.dominos.com Mobile - http://mobile.dominos.com Info - www.dominosbiz.com Twitter - http://twitter.com/dominos Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/dominos YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/dominos
SOURCE Domino's Pizza