From Special Super Bowl XLVIII Bus Tour To Tailgates With NFL Legends, Courtyard Brings "Greatness on the Road™" Courtyard culminates football season with series of unique Super Bowl Week experiences
BETHESDA, Md., Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Courtyard by Marriott, the Official Hotel of the National Football League (NFL) brings its third partnership season to a new high in New York City, hosting a series of fan and guest events throughout the week leading up to Super Bowl XLVIII.
Through its "Greatness on the Road" campaign, 12 select Courtyard hotels in the New York and New Jersey area will be fully Super Bowl branded and feature commemorative Super Bowl key cards, welcome amenities and Super Bowl pocket guides for all guests to enjoy. Courtyard has also wrapped a fleet of New York City tour buses with Super Bowl graphics equipped with Courtyard ambassadors to get visitors excited and energized throughout the week. Yesterday, Courtyard surprised a bus full of football enthusiasts with an unforgettable treat – Jerome "The Bus" Bettis driver and Rich Eisen tour guide.
True to its commitment of enhancing guest and fan experience through its alignment with the NFL, Courtyard activities this weekend include:
- Courtyard and the NFL will announce the season winner of the "Greatness on the Road" program live at the third annual NFL Honors -- a star-studded football and entertainment event saluting the best players, performances and plays from the 2013 season. The two-hour prime time awards special from Radio City Music Hall in New York will air nationally on Feb. 1 at 8 p.m. (ET) on FOX. "Greatness on the Road" is a weekly season-long program that honors one NFL road warrior and one Courtyard guest that embodies exceptionally great road performances.
- Courtyard will award a grant to the final winner of its season-long "Inspire Greatness" campaign with USA Football. Port Reading (N.J.) Saints president Joe Beahm will receive a $1,000 equipment grant for his local USA Football chapter, to be used toward new helmets, shoulder pads, and equipment to improve player safety. Courtyard acknowledges the hard work of coaches, referees and volunteers who inspire greatness in youth and have been honoring nationwide entrants at its tailgates throughout the season.
- Social media fans can win one of 48 $100 Courtyard gift cards in an online photo contest. To enter, users must post a photo demonstrating their excitement for the Super Bowl. To be eligible to win, photos posted to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter must include #CYSB48 and mention the Courtyard handle @Courtyard on Facebook and @CourtyardHotels on Twitter and Instagram.
- The new Courtyard Herald Square hotel will house the NFL's "Super Bowl Boulevard Virtual Theater" at 34th street, an eight-minute immersive 3D film with stunning visuals and a powerful soundtrack displayed on the facade of Macy's Herald Square. The Courtyard Herald Square will be the best vantage point in New York City to watch the experiential show that will play every 30 minutes from 5:00 – 9:30 p.m. for the duration of "Super Bowl Boulevard."
- Courtyard will continue to host its "Greatness on the Road" tailgates for its Super Bowl guests. NFL anchor Rich Eisen will host the VIP invite-only events, which will feature chats with some of the NFL's top talent. Guests checking into Courtyard's Central Park and Herald Square locations can ask the front desk for more details.
"Super Bowl XLVIII in New York City offers the biggest stage imaginable to treat Courtyard's guests to our 'Greatness on the Road' program," said Janis Milham, senior vice president of Modern Essentials and Extended Stay brands at Marriott International. "From the look of our hotels, to the on-property experience, Courtyard's official NFL partnership allows us to offer an unmatched Super Bowl experience for our guests staying in our 12 area hotels."
Courtyard by Marriott offers a refreshing environment that helps guests stay connected, productive and balanced. Intuitive services and design accommodate guests' needs for choice and control. With more than 950 locations in 38 countries and territories, Courtyard hotels participate in the award-winning Marriott Rewards® frequent travel program that allows members to earn hotel points or airline miles for every dollar spent during each stay. For more information or reservations, call the Courtyard toll-free number at 800-321-2211, visit www.courtyard.com, become a fan at www.facebook.com/courtyard or follow Courtyard at www.twitter.com/courtyardhotels.
Visit Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) for company information. For more information or reservations, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com.
SOURCE Courtyard by Marriott