MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Sept. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Based on its recent analysis of the academic lecture capture solutions (LCS) market, Frost & Sullivan recognizes TechSmith® with the 2016 Global Frost & Sullivan Award for Product Line Strategy Leadership. TechSmith's wide range of simple, easy-to-use LCS for on premise and cloud deployments has proven a huge draw among higher education institutions. Its affordable yet engaging screen capture and recording software solutions for K-12, higher education and enterprise customers have given it a distinct competitive edge in the LCS market.
One of the biggest challenges instructors face is the need to operate multiple disconnected platforms, across multiple devices, which makes the teaching process very challenging and reduces educator motivation to adopt new technology. TechSmith resolves this issue by integrating its software with best-of-breed learning management systems. By leveraging existing platforms, TechSmith's solution delivers an enriched lecture experience that promotes ease of adoption by syncing with core campus systems.
Content created across TechSmith's product line can be shared into TechSmith Relay, which provides analytics to measure views and engagement and help predict learning outcomes.
"TechSmith seamlessly integrates analytics within its lecture capture solutions by providing teachers with an analytics dashboard to monitor student engagement, measure comprehension of concepts, and identify at-risk students early," said Frost & Sullivan Research Analyst Deviki Gupta. "Additionally, it presents informational guides, more than 250 online tutorials and conducts in-person training at institutions for instructors."
"TechSmith Relay users can employ the analytics feature to gauge content effectiveness and track learning outcomes, as well as the speech-to-text and closed captioning functionality for accessibility," notes Gupta. "It supports live video recording from multiple devices and can easily be integrated into online courses and lessons. This tool is being used by community colleges and vocational schools to make learning more visual. It's also used for models that spur higher-order thinking, such as flipped learning, and for blended learning, to enrich a traditional classroom."
Overall, TechSmith has positioned itself very strongly in the LCS market with its broad product portfolio that integrates with one another, serving a wide array of applications and diverse needs for quality, functionality and price/performance value.
TechSmith's range of products include:
- TechSmith Relay™, a video recording and hosting platform that allows instructors with varying IT competence to use lecture capture on desktops as well as mobile devices. Videos from Camtasia and Snagit can be shared to TechSmith Relay, where they are integrated into the LMS and gradebook.
- Snagit®, the all-in-one tool for capturing, saving, and sharing information throughout your organization. It allows instructors to create one-take video lessons by capturing their screens as they narrate instruction. Instructors can also use Snagit to markup lessons with annotation tools, or narrate assignment feedback with video.
- Camtasia®, a powerful, yet easy-to-use desktop screen recording and video editing tool that instructors can use to create and edit video lessons, then make them engaging by adding quizzes and hot spot links to additional learning resources.
TechSmith's product line also includes Morae® for market research; Coach's Eye®, a mobile video recording and analysis tool for sports; Screencast.com® for video and content hosting; and TechSmith Fuse™ to capture and share content from mobile devices.
About this Award
Each year, Frost & Sullivan presents this award to the company that has developed a comprehensive product line that caters to the breadth of the market it serves. The award recognizes the extent to which the product line meets customer demands, and the overall impact it has in terms of customer value as well as increased market share.
Frost & Sullivan Best Practices awards recognize companies in a variety of regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis and extensive secondary research to identify best practices in the industry.
TechSmith Corporation provides practical business and academic software products that empower anyone to create remarkable images and video. Create and record easily from anywhere, and share videos in class or beyond campus. With intuitive options for quizzes and captioning, our effective solutions are designed to bring out the best in lecture capture, online learning, professional development, and more.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
P: +44 (0) 207.343.8314
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/frost--sullivan-recognizes-lecture-capture-solution-techsmith-relay-with-the-2016-global-frost--sullivan-award-for-product-line-strategy-leadership-300324013.html
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan