Frost & Sullivan Recognizes SafeNet for Global Software Monetization Market Share Leadership Revenue Dominance, Geographic Presence, Innovative R&D, and Strong Cloud and Embedded Offerings Demonstrate SafeNet's Leadership
BALTIMORE, Jan. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SafeNet Inc. today announced that analyst firm Frost & Sullivan has presented the company with the prestigious Market Share Leadership Award for its leadership in the global software monetization market. Frost & Sullivan recognized SafeNet for its leadership in market share, growth outlook, continued commitment to the core business-to-business market, and focus on emerging cloud and embedded markets.
"The software industry is undergoing a fundamental change in the way software is delivered, packaged and consumed," said Shlomo Weiss, general manager, software monetization, SafeNet. "We continue to strive to deliver innovative new software monetization products and services that meet the evolving needs of our software customers as they navigate the changing market dynamics. This award from Frost & Sullivan validates our leadership and strategic approach to the market and recognizes some of our best accomplishments."
In presenting SafeNet with the leadership award, Frost & Sullivan highlighted several key reasons for SafeNet's continued market dominance in 2013:
- SafeNet accounted for more than half of the worldwide revenues for the software monetization market, leading in regional EMEA, APAC and North American markets.
- SafeNet's groundbreaking Sentinel Cloud® demonstrates SafeNet's commitment to delivering licensing solutions to meet the changing needs of its customers.
- In the business-to-business market segment, SafeNet provides an end-to-end software licensing solution, and accounts for more than 75 percent of revenue in the hardware keys segment of the monetization market.
- The company's innovations – including AppOnChip within Sentinel Envelope in its Sentinel License Development Kit (LDK) offering – demonstrate the company's commitment to research and development and to delivering value to its customers.
- Sentinel RMS Embedded was recognized as the best-in-class embedded software monetization solution.
- SafeNet's professional services organization complements the company's software monetization offerings and helps shorten sales cycles by increasing stakeholder buy-in and reducing project risk.
- SafeNet continues to deliver a trustworthy solution with strong brand perception and sustained market share leadership.
"SafeNet has strategically expanded its product line to keep up with the changing software monetization market, while maintaining excellence in products and services that serve traditional segments," said Avni Rambhia, industry manager, Frost & Sullivan. "Through continued excellence in terms of features, security and support for a broad range of use cases globally, SafeNet continues to maintain its leadership across the software monetization market."
SafeNet Software Monetization Solutions
SafeNet is the market leading provider of software licensing and entitlement management solutions for on-premise and cloud-based software vendors. SafeNet's Sentinel is the most trusted brand in the software industry for secure, flexible, and future-proof software monetization solutions. The robust portfolio of products and services address each and every aspect of the software monetization lifecycle – from copy and intellectual property (IP) protection to product catalog management and ongoing end-user experience improvement. SafeNet is the first and only vendor to offer a complete portfolio of software licensing and entitlement management solutions to enable monetization of any type of software – installed, embedded, and cloud services – using any combination of business models via any sales channel to any end-user device.
About SafeNet Inc.
Founded in 1983, SafeNet, Inc., is one of the largest information security companies in the world and is trusted to protect the most sensitive data for market-leading organizations around the globe. SafeNet's data-centric approach focuses on the protection of high-value information throughout its lifecycle, from the data center to the cloud. More than 25,000 customers across commercial enterprises and government agencies trust SafeNet to protect and control access to sensitive data, manage risk, ensure compliance, and secure virtual and cloud environments.
Sentinel® is a registered trademark of SafeNet, Inc.
SafeNet Media Contact: