CHICAGO, Nov. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Attendees of this week's Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) Annual Meeting will be among the first to see the latest addition to FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc.'s PACS offering from their Synapse® family of medical informatics solutions. Fujifilm's Synapse® PACS 4.0 includes improvements to image visualization and enhanced ease-of-use to further maximize the user experience and improve overall efficiency.
The latest key features of Fujifilm's Synapse PACS 4.0 include:
- Image processing for all of Fujifilm's Digital Radiography (DR) and Full Field Digital Mammography (FFDM) systems
- Advanced integration utilizing DatCard's collaborative image access, intelligent archival management, and standards based interoperability across all imaging environments
- User interface advancements for customizable user interface functions, native 64-bit OS support, active overlays, resident reading, spine labeling and a user dashboard
- Use of Oracle Database version 11g Enterprise Edition
- Support for VMware's Version 5.0 virtualization products
"We listened to our customers and made these improvements based on their feedback," said Jim Morgan, Vice President of Medical Informatics for Fujifilm. "As a result, Synapse 4.0 is faster and much more intuitive, while allowing users to be more productive. This ultimately enables them to spend more time focusing on their patients." Morgan continues, "In these uncertain times, facilities are looking for a partnership with a financially stable, customer focused Medical Informatics provider. And, as we continue to grow, we are committed to cultivating these relationships and are investing in the development of products to meet and exceed the needs of our customers."
Fujifilm's Synapse PACS global customer base has surpassed 3500 systems, and includes a variety of imaging centers and hospitals including recent installations at Western New York's Kaleida Health, Massachusetts-based Baystate Health, and the State of California.
In addition to Synapse PACS, Fujifilm will also be highlighting at RSNA the overall Synapse® enterprise of products including:
- Synapse® RIS, Synapse® TeleRIS: featuring version 6.1 which includes an enhanced dashboard that gives the user an ability to better manage performance in real time; Synapse® Financials for RIS, which provides a seamless option of incorporating the billing process into the system; and a unique feature that will alert the user to dose management concerns for the patient.
- Synapse® 3D: a comprehensive suite of clinical applications that is directly integrated into both Synapse PACS and Synapse Cardiovascular, providing access to advanced diagnostic tools without the need for separate workstations.
- Synapse® Mobility: a zero footprint application enabling access to Fujifilm's suite of Synapse products from hand-held mobile devices, as well as Macintosh- or Window-based PCs.
- Synapse® Cardiovascular: provides a completely web based solution for cardiovascular imaging.
- Synapse® vCloud: enables Fujifilm to manage Synapse RIS, PACS and related IT functions, freeing facilities to fully concentrate on delivery of care. Comprised of a set of turnkey, high-reliability solutions including software, systems management, PACS and RIS hosting and disaster recovery.
Synapse PACS 4.0 will be commercially available in December 2011.
For more information on Fujifilm's Synapse PACS 4.0 and the entire Synapse product portfolio, please visit rsna.fujimed.com or booth # 4009 at RSNA 2011, November 27th -- December 2nd at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois.
RSNA Booth # 4009, SOUTH BLG, HALL A
FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. is a leading provider of diagnostic imaging products and medical informatics solutions to meet the needs of healthcare facilities today and well into the future. From an unrivaled selection of digital x-ray systems, to the Synapse® brand of PACS, RIS and cardiovascular products, to advanced women's health imaging systems, Fujifilm has products that are ideal for any size imaging environment. FUJINON is a subsidiary of FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc., and supplies technologically advanced endoscopes to the medical market. FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. is headquartered in Stamford, CT. For more information, visit www.fujimed.com.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, Japan, brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of industries, including electronic imaging, digital printing equipment, medical systems, life sciences, graphic arts, flat panel display materials, and office products, based on a vast portfolio of digital, optical, fine chemical and thin film coating technologies. The company was among the top 16 companies around the world granted U.S. patents in 2010, and in the year ended March 31, 2011, had global revenues of $25.8 billion****. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit www.fujifilmholdings.com.
****At an exchange rate of 86 Yen to the dollar
© 2011 FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc.
SOURCE FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc.