NEW YORK, Jan. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Fujitsu today introduced new solutions for retailers to enable faster and easier transactions, optimize the role of the sales associate, implement wearable technology for employees and ultimately, significantly enhance customer experience. New technologies from Fujitsu are being showcased at the Fujitsu booth (#3805) at the National Retail Federation (NRF) BIG Show on January 17-20, 2016, at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.
"In today's retail environment, highly engaged shoppers are looking to get what they need in as short a time as possible, and retail technology is undergoing dramatic changes as a result," said Marc Janssens, executive vice president of Retail at Fujitsu America, Inc. "Fujitsu is meeting these new demands by introducing new solutions that help deliver omni-channel functionality and lower POS times, as well as innovations that empower retail staff to streamline sales activities through wearable technology, automated systems and easily navigable point-of-sale (POS) products, all of which deliver a superior in-store customer experience."
Fujitsu is showcasing its extended portfolio of retail solutions at the Fujitsu booth at NRF including:
- FUJITSU Impulse™: The first self-service unit specifically designed for a convenience store-type environment. With a footprint that is one quarter of the size of the FUJITSU U-Scan® Genesis® II unit or a traditional Self-Checkout unit (four Impulse units = one Self-Checkout unit), it fits easily into smaller stores, leaving more room for merchandise and working as an automated assistant to help manage lines and purchase flow.
- FUJITSU Fresco™: A new POS selling application that allows grocers to increase profitability by boosting productivity in stores, operations and IT groups. Fujitsu Fresco software offers a customizable POS and cash management solution that builds upon traditional POS products to deliver a seamlessly-integrated experience geared specifically at the grocery industry, but also adapting well to food service, pharmacy, cosmetics, clothing and other product areas. With omni-channel becoming a key to success for retailers, Fujitsu Fresco software offers functionality that allows in-store customers to buy items that aren't physically available in the store.
- FUJITSU U-Scan 6.0: This latest release of the new U-Scan 6.0 software makes self-checkout faster and easier to use for the customer, more practical for the attendant managing self-checkout, and includes upgrades to security, as well as wearable tech compatibility. A suite of features enhances the customer experience from colorful new screens to configuration options that can reduce weight security issues by up to 40%. Retailers now have more direct control over the multimedia experience, allowing them to include advertisements or to match their seasonal in-store displays, by customizing the self-checkout experience by season.
- Retail Wearables: Fujitsu's patent pending wearable solutions in retail represent a low cost and efficient way to manage customers and checkout lanes on the go. Integrated with U-Scan, Fresco and Impulse products, these wearable devices keep your staff in touch with management and with customers who need help. Retail Wearables also keep associates' hands free to prepare food, assist customers or work on other tasks, all while managing checkout lanes. This new generation of smaller wearable devices, adapted by Fujitsu for retail use, makes it easy to keep staff simultaneously connected with management and customers. With Microsoft, Fujitsu will be demonstrating this new technology at NRF on the Microsoft Band 2 smart band, which offers a high-level of functionality at a highly competitive price point. "Fujitsu and Microsoft have been working together for nearly 20 years, and this latest collaboration reaffirms why we've worked so well together during that time. The latest innovation is the application of our Microsoft Band platform to the retail environment, demonstrating new ways to drive value from the new Microsoft Band, and also access an undiscovered market for wearable technology," said Marty Ramos, head of Strategy and Innovation, Worldwide Retail, Consumer Products and Services at Microsoft.
As a leading provider in retail platforms and products, Fujitsu has worked with retailers across the globe for three decades in more than 100,000 global terminals to provide seamless integration of software, hardware and multi-vendor support, which together enable an enhanced customer experience in an increasingly complex technology environment. The company's strong integration capabilities allow retailers to leverage new innovations and solutions that address technology-savvy consumers who increasingly expect an omni-channel retail experience.
Fujitsu America will be providing live-demonstrations of the new products and solutions at booth #3805 at Retail's Big Show.
- Fujitsu Retail Newest Offerings: http://connectedretail.us.fujitsu.com/newest-offerings
- Fujitsu Connected Retail: http://connectedretail.global.fujitsu.com
- Read the Fujitsu blog: http://blog.ts.fujitsu.com
- Follow Fujitsu on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/FujitsuAmerica
- Follow us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/fujitsu-america
- Find Fujitsu on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Fujitsu
- Fujitsu pictures and media server: http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/portal.php
- For regular news updates, bookmark the Fujitsu newsroom: http://www.fujitsu.com/us/about/resources/news/
Fujitsu America, Inc.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 159,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.8 trillion yen (US$40 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2015. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Americas
Fujitsu America, Inc. is the parent and/or management company of a group of Fujitsu-owned companies operating in North, Central and South America and Caribbean, dedicated to delivering the full range of Fujitsu products, solutions and services in ICT to our customers in the Western Hemisphere. These companies are collectively referred to as Fujitsu Americas. Fujitsu enables clients to meet their business objectives through integrated offerings and solutions, including consulting, systems integration, managed services, outsourcing and cloud services for infrastructure, platforms and applications; data center and field services; and server, storage, software and mobile/tablet technologies. For more information, please visit: http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/ and http://twitter.com/fujitsuamerica
Fujitsu, the Fujitsu logo and "shaping tomorrow with you" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fujitsu Limited in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.
Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
SOURCE Fujitsu America, Inc.