SUNNYVALE, Calif., March 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
- FUJITSU Cloud Service K5™ supports digital transformation, empowering enterprises to reduce complexity, accelerate innovation and improve time to market for building new cloud-native business services
- Fujitsu America, Inc. strengthens U.S. digital platform and capabilities offered by FUJITSU MetaArc® with global rollout of Public and Virtual Private IaaS and PaaS cloud services
- FUJITSU Cloud Service K5 based on OpenStack® technology enables transition, transformation and integration of Robust IT systems with cloud-hosted digital applications
Fujitsu America, Inc., today announced the U.S. availability of full digital transformation solutions with new U.S. availability zones for FUJITSU Cloud Service K5 at the heart of MetaArc, its comprehensive global portfolio of solutions, services and technologies that enable customers to digitalize with confidence. U.S. customers now gain access to powerful capabilities based on artificial intelligence (AI), big data analytics, cloud computing and the Internet of Things (IoT), to simplify the digitalization process, accelerate innovation, boost time to market for new cloud-native business services and extend the value of their legacy IT infrastructures.
With FUJITSU Cloud Service K5 a key part of MetaArc, the introduction of two new K5 availability zones enables the Americas region to deliver globally connected services, with a focus on Cloud, AI and IoT, underpinned by Cybersecurity.
FUJITSU Cloud Service K5 and the MetaArc portfolio play an important role in enabling customers to connect systems and applications leveraging the IoT, which drives the accumulation of various data in enormous quantities from the frontlines of customer systems and businesses. Data analysis using AI technology links industry-specific and task-specific expertise, ultimately serving to automate and optimize business operations and knowledge-based tasks. Cybersecurity underpins digital technology and knowledge integration, with Fujitsu protecting its connected services, customers' businesses and society from the risk of cyberattack. The introduction of Cloud Service K5 underpins the company's commitment to optimize these services to meet the digital transformation requirements of customers in each region and to expand globally.
Alex Attal, Head of Digital Services and Incubation, Fujitsu America, Inc., said: "There is little doubt about the effects digital technology is having on the enterprise. It's altering the buyer's journey in retail, streamlining the production cycle in manufacturing, and upending the very industry in which I work. It's an incredibly exciting time at Fujitsu to be in a position to remove the complexity and challenges of moving to digital for our customers by offering them a truly simple, secure and cost-effective way to digitally transform their business and get more competitive, all while maximizing their existing investments without risk and disruption to their business."
FUJITSU Cloud Service K5 in detail
- The only cloud computing platform that enables digital transformation through deploying OpenStack technology across all cloud deployment modes, guaranteeing infrastructure and application compatibility, as well as offering native cloud application development and API management tools. In fact, FUJITSU Cloud Service K5 also received the prestigious OpenStack Interoperability Challenge Award at the OpenStack Summit in Barcelona.
- Guaranteed data residency within the physical boundaries of the U.S. This means U.S. organizations using Cloud Service K5 can meet any legislative, legal or compliance requirements that restrict certain data to be held within U.S. geographic boundaries. Organizations in the U.S. may also choose any of the other K5 availability zones worldwide.
- Cloud Service K5 is available to organizations in Canada, through leverage of the U.S. availability zone. Additionally, organizations in Canada can choose other K5 availability zones, worldwide.
- Seamless interaction with existing IT infrastructures, enabling customers to easily deploy hybrid IT and cloud environments. This includes cloud services and enterprise data centers suitable for many applications, such as web shops, database services, customer relationship management (CRM) systems and payroll solutions. This feature helps to extend the service life of legacy equipment and increase return on investment.
- A full range of delivery model extensions will become available to enable customers to choose the best approach for their organization. For all K5 deployment models - Public Cloud, Virtual Private Hosted, Dedicated (Private) and On-premise - Fujitsu provides enterprise-class support, robust Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and high-availability.
"To survive in a highly competitive and rapidly evolving market, organizations must be able to make smart decisions and respond very quickly," said Shobhit Porwal, Head of Hybrid IT at Fujitsu America, Inc. "This is why companies increasingly look to cloud solutions, because it offers greater freedom to focus on the core business strategy and to redirect investments by lowering the total cost of ownership. As or more importantly, Fujitsu offers added value to organizations with legacy environments, because they benefit from secure and seamless integration between cloud and existing infrastructures, enabling the deployment of new technology in no time – be it mobile applications, online retailing solutions or internal systems. With FUJITSU Cloud Service K5, customers can exploit the full competitive advantages offered by the MetaArc portfolio, while unlocking the capabilities offered by their legacy systems."
Notes to Editors
Pricing and Availability
FUJITSU Cloud Service K5 is available worldwide and can be consumed as a Public or Virtual Private IaaS and PaaS cloud service. Already fully operational in Japan, UK and Finland, Fujitsu is continuing the global rollout into Germany and Spain in April 2017, with further K5 availability zones planned in Singapore and Australia. Additionally, further delivery model extensions will enable Fujitsu Cloud Service K5 to become available worldwide as a private cloud, in either on premise data centers or hosted by Fujitsu.
Pricing varies according to services, configuration and country.
- About FUJITSU Cloud Service K5
- About the FUJITSU MetaArc portfolio
- Read the Fujitsu blog: http://blog.ts.fujitsu.com
- Follow Fujitsu on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/FujitsuAmerica
- Follow us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/fujitsu-america
- Find Fujitsu on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Fujitsu
- Fujitsu pictures and media server: http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/portal.php
- For regular news updates, bookmark the Fujitsu newsroom: http://www.fujitsu.com/us/about/resources/news/
Fujitsu America, Inc.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 156,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.7 trillion yen (US$41 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2016. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Americas
Fujitsu America, Inc. is the parent and/or management company of a group of Fujitsu-owned companies operating in North, Central and South America dedicated to delivering the full range of Fujitsu products, solutions and services in ICT to our customers in the Western Hemisphere. These companies are collectively referred to as Fujitsu Americas. Fujitsu enables clients to meet their business objectives through integrated offerings and solutions, including consulting, systems integration, managed services, outsourcing and cloud services for infrastructure, platforms and applications; data center and field services; and server, storage, software and mobile/tablet technologies. For more information, please visit: http://fujitsu.com/us and http://twitter.com/fujitsuamerica.
Fujitsu, the Fujitsu logo, FUJITSU Cloud Service K5, MetaArc and "shaping tomorrow with you" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fujitsu Limited in the United States and other countries.
The OpenStack™ Word Mark and OpenStack Logo are either registered trademarks/service marks or trademarks/service marks of the OpenStack Foundation, in the United States and other countries and are used with the OpenStack Foundation's permission. We are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the OpenStack Foundation, or the OpenStack community.
All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice. All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fujitsu-expands-digital-transformation-offerings-in-us-with-fujitsu-cloud-service-k5-at-the-heart-of-its-metaarc-portfolio-300421039.html
SOURCE Fujitsu America, Inc.