SUNNYVALE, Calif., June 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Fujitsu, the market leader in document imaging scanners, today announced the availability of its latest fi-Series scanners, the ultra-compact, high-speed Fujitsu fi-7460 and fi-7480 departmental scanners. Designed for professional workloads and engineered to last, the Fujitsu fi-7460 and fi-7480 reliably handle a wide variety of mixed batched media as the smallest A3 scanners in their class (14.96" x 8.23" x 6.61"), making them ideal for all office environments.
The Fujitsu fi-7460 provides quick scanning speeds of 60 ppm / 120 ipm at 300 dpi, while the fi-7480 delivers blazing fast speeds of 80 ppm / 160 ipm at 300 dpi (color, grayscale, monochrome). Capable of handling document sizes A8 to A3, both models are bundled with enhanced image processing PaperStream IP TWAIN and ISIS and PaperStream Capture software. The scanners power on in less than a second from sleep mode, and are equipped with USB 3.0 connectivity. One-dimensional and two-dimensional barcode recognition allows users to prepare and organize batches for faster electronic filing. Additional intelligent document imaging features and time-saving tools include:
- Reliable, Uninterrupted Volume Scanning: The Fujitsu fi-7460 and fi-7480 can efficiently scan large amounts of documents. The expanded automatic document feeder (ADF) can accommodate 100 sheets, and additional documents can simply be added during the process without disruption.
- Scanning Versatility: The new scanners support a wide variety of documents and can easily handle regular A8 to A3 paper sizes, as well as folded A2 documents and plastic cards. Efficiently handling both thick and thin documents, the scanners require no burdensome pre-sorting with mixed batch scanning.
- Automatic Stacker Boosts Productivity: The adjustable-speed rollers control the paper output, so that documents are neatly stacked. Organized paper output increases work efficiency by eliminating time spent realigning messy stacks.
- New Manual Feed Mode: With a switch of a button, users can scan envelopes, bound pamphlets, and extra thick media, expanding the variety of documents that can be captured without a flatbed.
- Intelligent Multi-feed Function (iMFF): Utilizing ultrasonic sensors, the scanner can increase daily throughput by ignoring labels and sticky notes while still protecting against data loss from multi-feeds.
- Software Enhancements: With PaperStream IP TWAIN and ISIS image enhancement technology, documents are automatically converted into exceptionally clean images. PaperStream Capture allows users to complete scanning processes faster and easier than ever before. Scanner Central Admin dramatically reduces the total cost of ownership (TCO) and work that goes into setting up, operating and maintaining multiple Fujitsu scanners within in an organization. An upgrade to PaperStream Capture Pro provides customers enhanced indexing, document separation, and after scan correction for optimal productivity.
"Years of industry leadership and scanning technology advancements have enabled us to design the most compact scanners in their class that deliver functional excellence, high-quality images and ease of daily use," said Scott Francis senior VP of product management, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. "Designed with outstanding paper handling, image capabilities and unrivaled performance, the Fujitsu fi-7460 and fi-7480 dramatically improve workplace scanning efficiency and reliability."
Pricing & Availability
The Fujitsu fi-7460 and fi-7480 are now available through authorized resellers, VARs and distributors. The fi-7460 is priced at $3,995 (U.S. List) and the fi-7480 is priced at $4,995 (U.S. List).
Service Options for the Fujitsu fi-7460 and fi-7480 Scanners
Fujitsu offers one of the most comprehensive portfolios of service programs in the document imaging industry with available options for any budget or response time needed. Generous trade-in programs, multi-vendor service, and co-term options are also available, providing for convenient coverage of the entire scan fleet. For more information about Fujitsu services please contact a Fujitsu distribution partner or Service Sales at 1-800-301-9475 or visit our Service Programs site here.
Additional Supporting Resources
For more information about Fujitsu scanners and software solutions visit:
- Fujitsu fi-7460/fi-7480 Product Pages
- Software Solutions Home Page: us.fujitsu.com/fcpasolutions
- Follow @FCPASolutions on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FCPASolutions
- Become a fan of Fujitsu Computer Products of America on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FCPASolutions
- Join our LinkedIn Community
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 156,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.7 trillion yen (US$41 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2016. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the Document Imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business productivity issues and streamline operations. Fujitsu provides cutting-edge document capture solutions for business and personal environments, backed by a comprehensive portfolio of service and support programs. For more information about Fujitsu Document Imaging solutions and services, visit http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa or call us at 800-626-4686.
Copyright 2016 Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. All rights reserved. Fujitsu and the Fujitsu logo are registered trademarks. Statements herein are based on normal operating conditions and are not intended to create any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. reserves the right to modify, at any time without notice these statements, our services, pricing, products, and their warranty and performance specifications.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fujitsu-introduces-new-departmental-scanners-featuring-ultra-compact-design-with-advanced-document-imaging-and-capture-capabilities-300284056.html
SOURCE Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.