NEW YORK, Jan. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Fujitsu today announced the availability of the Fujitsu TP8™ family of retail point-of-sale (POS) terminals that are purpose-built to deliver maximum uptime, advanced performance, ultra future-proofing and first-rate versatility. Designed to be seamlessly integrated into a wide range of retail environments, including fashion, drug, convenience, departments stores, supermarkets and mass merchants, the TP8 family, along with the full line of industry-leading retail solutions from Fujitsu, will be featured in the Fujitsu Booth #3905 at the National Retail Federation's (NRF) Big Show in New York City at the Jacob K. Javits Center from January 15-17.
"Fujitsu has a legacy spanning more than 30 years of engineering trusted, ultra-reliable POS systems and other technology solutions for retailers across numerous industries," said Marc Janssens, head of the Retail business at Fujitsu America, Inc. "Over this time, we've continued to innovate, empowering our customers to meet their business goals and enhance the retail shopping experience through advanced technological products and services. The TP8 family of POS terminals represents the next step in this mission and we welcome all NRF attendees to come to the Fujitsu booth to see their unmatched serviceability, performance and versatility."
The Fujitsu TP8 terminals are engineered to be highly serviceable by in-house IT staff, helping retailers maximize uptime and minimize costs. Installation, repair and updates of the TP8 terminal have been streamlined and simplified thanks to a modular design, tool-free access, remote-management capability with Intel® vPro™ technology and common motherboard components across all-in-one unit (AIO) and PC box models.
"The 7th generation Intel® Core™ processors empower retailers to remotely manage their new TP8 family of point-of-sale platforms with Intel® vPro™ technology," said Joe Jensen, Vice President and General Manager of the Retail Solutions division at Intel. "TP8 terminals, from the new family of long-lifecycle Fujitsu POS terminals, offers unique modularity, which enables retailers to mix and match configurations to meet the needs of the quickly transforming retail in store environment."
The Fujitsu TP8 terminal enables sales associates to do much more than transactions. With TP8 AIO 15" and 18.5" LCD options, modular AIO design and dual independent customer-facing display, sales associates can handle numerous customer-focused applications, such as sales assist, registration, promotions, and loyalty programs. A full portfolio of leading-edge, robust POS peripherals, including cash drawers, three-track magnetic stripe readers, keyboards and printers, give retailers the ability to extend the useful life of their investments through incremental modifications as their business requirements grow and change.
Pricing and availability
The Fujitsu TP8 family of POS terminals is now available to order in North America. Pricing varies according to model, configuration and country.
Note to editors
Configured for increased employee productivity, Fujitsu TP8 terminals come equipped with:
- Flexible Technology: Choice of Intel® 4th, 6th and 7th generation Intel® chipset and processor/CPU options to put the retailer in control of their migration path from older to newer Windows OS versions
- TP8H provides 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors (formerly code named Haswell) to extend the service life of those who wish to use POSReady7 past 2020
- TP8 Model Mxxx and Axxx provide 6th and 7th generation Intel® Core™ processors (formerly code named Skylake and Kaby Lake, respectively) to those who wish transition to Windows10 more quickly
- Storage: 2.5" 128 GB and 256GB SSD or 500 GB HDD with RAID support – externally accessible on AIO units for superior serviceability
- Memory: 4, 8, 16 & 32 GB options, based on specific model-externally accessible in AIO units for superior serviceability
- Ports: Basic port configurations include: 2x USB 3.0, 3x PUSB (12V), 1x PUSB (24V), 1xRS232 (5 & 12V), 1x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI, 1x cash drawer RJ-12 (Y-cable option for 2nd cash drawer), 1x line out, 1x mic in; additional IO is supported on the POS PC box controller, including 4x PUSB (12V), 2x USB 2.0 and 2x RS232 (5 & 12V)
- 15" (4x3) and 18.5" (16:9) operator LCD options available for extreme in-store customer service flexibility
- Modular AIO design enables ultra-flexibility and upgradeability – retail users can field modify units to mix and match 15" and 18.5" LCDs and 4th, 6th and 7th generation Intel® Core™ processors and future Intel® technology, providing an extraordinary level of customer service and checkout flexibility. In today's increasingly dynamic retail environment, retailers can modify their checkouts on-the-fly to optimize their customer experience while maximizing profitability.
- More information about Retail Solutions from Fujitsu: http://www.fujitsu.com/us/solutions/industry/retail/
- Read the Fujitsu blog: http://blog.ts.fujitsu.com
- Follow Fujitsu on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FujitsuAmerica
- Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fujitsu-america
- Find Fujitsu on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fujitsu/
- Fujitsu pictures and media server: http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/portal.php
- For regular news updates, bookmark the Fujitsu newsroom: http://ts.fujitsu.com/ps2/nr/index.aspx
Fujitsu America, Inc.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 156,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.7 trillion yen (US$41 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2016. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Americas
Fujitsu America, Inc. is the parent and/or management company of a group of Fujitsu-owned companies operating in North, Central and South America dedicated to delivering the full range of Fujitsu products, solutions and services in ICT to our customers in the Western Hemisphere. These companies are collectively referred to as Fujitsu Americas. Fujitsu enables clients to meet their business objectives through integrated offerings and solutions, including consulting, systems integration, managed services, outsourcing and cloud services for infrastructure, platforms and applications; data center and field services; and server, storage, software and mobile/tablet technologies. For more information, please visit: http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/ and http://twitter.com/fujitsuamerica
Fujitsu and the Fujitsu logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fujitsu Limited in the United States and other countries. TP8 is a trademark or registered trademark of Fujitsu America, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fujitsu-unveils-ultra-modern-versatile-all-in-one-retail-pos-terminals-at-nrf-in-booth-3905-300391125.html
SOURCE Fujitsu America, Inc.