SAN FRANCISCO, March 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The global furfural solvent market is expected to reach USD 153.4 million by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for bio-based, renewable chemicals on account of rising sustainability concerns is a vital determinant for industry growth.
Growth of key end-use industries such as paints & coatings and pharmaceuticals coupled with stringent regulations regarding synthetic chemicals is expected to have a positive influence on the market growth. Growing demand for bio-based sustainable products particularly in developed economies of North America and Europe is also expected to fuel demand for furfural solvent.
Petroleum refining was the largest application segment and accounted for over 55% of total volume in 2014. Increasing petroleum refining activities to meet increasing lubricant demand in automotive and industrial sectors is expected to drive the application segment. Pharmaceutical is expected to witness the highest growth of 16.1% from 2015 to 2022. Organic, non-toxic and bio-based chemicals have been rapidly replacing conventional solvents as intermediates in several drug formulations. High biocompatibility and non-reactivity has also made furfural solvents ideal in medical industry. Such factors are expected to fuel furfural solvent demand in pharmaceutical industry.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Furfural Solvent Market Analysis by Product (Systems, Tags), and Segment Forecasts To 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/furfural-solvent-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Global furfural solvent market demand was 89.3 kilo tons in 2014 and is expected to reach 253.3 kilo tons by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 16.9%from 2015 to 2022.
- China emerged as the leading consumer and accounted for over 60% of global volume in 2014. The region is characterized by high furfural production and rapid growth of key end-use industries such as petrochemicals, paints & coatings, lubricants, pharmaceutical ingredients and agrichemicals.
- Growth in North America and Western Europe is characterized by regulatory policies favoring bio-based products development and restriction on hazardous chemicals. North American furfural solvent market is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 13.4% from 2015 to 2022.
- Key furfural & derivative manufacturers include BASF SA, Teijing North Furfural Co., Goodrich Sugar & Chemical Ltd., Transfurans Chemicals, Harborchem (Illovo Sugar Ltd.), and Alchem Chemical Co. among others such as Linzi Organic Chemical Inc., Xing Tai Chunlei Furfural Alcohol Ltd., Penn Specialty Chemicals, The Good Scents Co. and Furfural Espanol S.A.
Grand View Research has segmented the furfural solvent market on the basis of application and region:
Global Furfural Solvent Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Petroleum refining
- Agricultural formulations
- Paints &coatings
Global Furfural Solvent Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Western Europe
- Central & Eastern Europe
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Long Chain Dicarboxylic Acid Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/long-chain-dicarboxylic-acid-market
- Rhamnolipids Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/rhamnolipids-market
- Industrial Bioprocessing Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/industrial-bioprocessing-market
- Flow Chemistry Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/flow-chemistr-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.