Future Appoints Charlie Speight As Vice President, General Manager of Digital
Recent Success Drives New Hires and Promotions at Leading Hybrid Media Company
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Future US, a leading media group focused on technology, video gaming and cycling, as well as content marketing, today appoints Charlie Speight to Vice President and General Manager of Digital. In his role, Speight will lead product development and digital operations at Future US. Additionally, the company's recent success prompts new promotions in the Marketing & Sales Development and Finance & Business Management departments within the organization.
Speight brings to Future US his expertise and experience in driving results for Fortune 2000 companies across all areas of digital marketing, including display advertising, search marketing, social media, affiliate e-commerce, email marketing, mobile marketing and digital content marketing. In his role, Speight is responsible for driving digital scale for Future through innovative content creation, audience development, social media management and high impact advertising solutions for Future's web portfolio across its Games, Technology, Sports and Crafts properties.
"Under Charlie Speight's digital leadership, Future is cementing its position as a premier content marketing company," said Rachelle Considine, President of Future US. "We're confident that his expertise in digital marketing will serve Future's catalogue of digital properties and enhance our offerings to cater to a wider audience."
Before joining Future US, Speight was Chief Product Officer at Federated Media Publishing where he was responsible for developing market-leading platforms for publisher monetization and scalable native advertising across the independent web. He led the development of the DailyBuzz platform for curated content marketing across the publishing long tail and the Conversationalist Ad Suite for native advertising. Under his product leadership, Federated successfully transformed into a leader in the programmatic advertising market by acquiring and integrating Lijit Networks. Additionally, Speight worked as a development, professional services and product executive at leading digital marketing companies, including Digital Impact, Acxiom, Jupiter Media Metrix, Gartner, Heartbeat Software and Ebates.com.
Additional promotions in Future's management team include:
- Rhoda Bueno – Vice President Marketing & Sales Development
- Lulu Kong – Vice President Finance & Business Management
- Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- It has operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- It holds market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Music, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
- Future attracts 50 million monthly global unique users to its websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
- Future sells more than 24 million magazines every year, that's 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Official Xbox Magazine.
- We deliver over 100 digital editions, selling over two million products in the last 12 months through Apple's Newsstand for iPad.
- Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK's number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.
SOURCE Future US
More by this Source
Mac|Life Launches New Interactive Edition for iPad
Nov 26, 2013, 08:01 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.