CHICAGO, Oct. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Future Founders, a non-profit organization that believes every youth can become an entrepreneur, today announced the 18 semifinalists for its 3rd Annual U.Pitch National College Elevator Pitch Competition & Showcase.
U.Pitch will bring together the top collegiate entrepreneurs from universities across the country in the ultimate elevator pitch competition. Finalists will compete for a portion of a $10,000 prize by pitching to judges that include top entrepreneurs and investors. The event will take place on Thursday, November 10 from 5:30pm - 8:30pm at 1871 (222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1212, Chicago). Tickets can be purchased at: https://futurefoundersupitch2016.eventbrite.com.
U.Pitch is an initiative of the Future Founders Startup program, a dynamic platform to engage, equip and empower collegiate entrepreneurs. The program is generously supported by Capital One, The Coleman Foundation, The John E. & Jeanne T. Hughes Foundation, Keywell Foundation and Motorola Solutions Foundation.
The competition will include two rounds: a private semifinals round of 18 pitches and a public finals round of the top six pitches. During the finals, students will have 90 seconds to pitch their business ideas live plus field questions from our distinguished judges. Previous winners include Daniel Yu, Sokowatch and Joshua Doering, Seed Slide.
Congratulations to the 2016 U.Pitch Semifinalists!
- Keyante Aytch, 3Dime Designs, DePaul University (IL)
- Michael Black, ParkingBee, Pennsylvania State University (PA)
- Linwood Butler, MT Music Transporter, University of Tampa (FL)
- Claire Coder, AuntFlow, Ohio State University (OH)
- Vinesh Kannan, Omnipointment, Illinois Institute of Technology (IL)
- Arjun Kapoor, Scala Computing, Inc., University of Chicago (IL)
- Tom Kruse, Win-Kel Peer-to-Peer Storage, Indiana University (IN)
- Jason Lees, GoSpot, Northwood University (MI)
- Jekolia Matuszewicz, UhTa Ancient Brews, Colorado College (CO)
- Eddy Mejia, ShoeBoxOne, University of Illinois at Chicago (IL)
- Dulbadrakh (Daniel) Natsagdorj, Urban Delivery, University of Illinois at Chicago (IL)
- Gabe Owens, WiNot, Washington University in St. Louis (MO)
- Matthew Rooda, SwineTech, Inc., University of Iowa (IA)
- Pranay Singh, Averia Health, University of Chicago (IL)
- Parisa Soraya, Find Your Ditto, University of Michigan (MI)
- Riley Tart, MidTrade, Auburn University (AL)
- Jordan VandeKamp, ApptProvider, Trinity Christian College (IL)
- Ben Weiss, Zcruit, Northwestern University (IL)
In addition to the pitches, the semifinalists will showcase their business ideas in an expo-style format.
Join us on November 10 for this special event. Register at: https://futurefoundersupitch2016.eventbrite.com.
Future Founders is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that believes every youth can become an entrepreneur. We immerse youth in experiences that inspire and empower them to create their own opportunity. We believe this leads to a generation more determined, hopeful and equipped as they engage the future. Since 2005, our programs have served over 30,000 youth. Over 80% of our student alumni believe they can become entrepreneurs. Join us as we empower the next generation of business leaders and entrepreneurs.
Media Contact: Scott Issen, 312-350-0334, firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/future-founders-announces-18-semifinalists-for-upitch-national-college-elevator-pitch-competition-300352671.html
SOURCE Future Founders