The South African defense budget values US$4.1 billion in 2016, dropping from US$4.6 billion in 2012, and registered a CAGR of -2.56% during 2012-2016. Even though the actual budget increased in local currency, it showed a downward trend in terms of dollar value owing to variations in the exchange rate. However, modest growth in defense expenditure is expected during the forecast period at a CAGR of 1.83%, to reach a value US$4.6 billion in 2021. The country's defense budget is mainly driven by factors such as modernization initiatives, participation in peacekeeping missions, and border security challenges.
- During 2012-2016, South African defense expenditure registered a growth rate of -2.56%, decreasing from US$4.6billion in 2012 to US$4.1 billion in 2016
- South African military expenditure, valued at US$4.1billion in 2016, is expected to increase to US$4.6 billion by 2021, registering a CAGR of 1.83% over the forecast period
- South African military expenditure will be driven by the country's participation in peacekeeping programs, border security challenges, and a focus on the modernization of its armed forces
- The Defense Ministry is expected to procure Naval Vessels, Transport Aircraft, and MIL-IT Software and Hardware
This report offers detailed analysis of the South African defense industry with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- The South African defense industry market size and drivers: detailed analysis of the South African defense industry during 2017-2021, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for the industry. It also provides a snapshot of the country's expenditure and modernization patterns
- Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to the army, navy, and air force. It also details the key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country
- Porter's Five Force analysis of the South African defense industry: analysis of the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, bargaining power of buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country's imports and exports over the last five years
- Market opportunities: details of the top five defense investment opportunities over the coming 10 years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the South African defense industry. It provides an overview of key players, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives, and a brief financial analysis
Reasons To Buy
- This report will give the user confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the South African defense industry market trends for the coming five years
- The market opportunity section will inform the user about the various military requirements that are expected to generate revenues during the forecast period. The description includes technical specifications, recent orders, and the expected investment pattern by the country during the forecast period
- Detailed profiles of the top domestic and foreign defense manufacturers with information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins, and financial analysis wherever available. This will provide the user with a total competitive landscape of the sector
- A deep qualitative analysis of the South African defense industry covering sections including demand drivers, Porter's Five Forces Analysis, Key Trends and Growth Stimulators, and latest industry contracts
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03889325-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/future-of-the-south-african-defense-industry---market-attractiveness-competitive-landscape-and-forecasts-to-2021-300380746.html