SAN FRANCISCO, April 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading digital media group Future US today announced the launch of its latest digital and print magazine Mollie Makes U.S. Edition, a new publication dedicated to the widespread world of handmade crafting set to debut April 29, 2014.
"We are thrilled to add the Mollie Makes U.S. Edition to Future's portfolio," said Kelley Corten, vice president of Content & Product, Future US. "The Mollie Makes brand is already hugely popular in Europe and we are pleased to bring a local touch to our own Mollie Makes in the U.S. We know readers will fall in love with the inspiring tutorials that mix modern trends with vintage style. The explosion of Etsy and Pinterest provide the perfect backdrop to feature up and coming artists to share their techniques with Mollie Makes readers. If you love handmade and DIY projects, you're going to love Mollie Makes U.S. Edition."
Mollie Makes U.S. Edition is specifically designed for the "craftonista," someone who loves DIY projects, combining thrift store and vintage finds into treasures and is constantly looking to express her creativity in new ways. The publication will feature monthly profiles of bloggers, crafters and designers, comprehensive tutorials on knitting, crocheting, felting, as well as a wide range of DIY projects. Mollie Makes U.S. Edition will also provide a comprehensive resource guide for discovering craft suppliers and events across the US.
The digital property will be built on FutureFolio, Future's fully interactive content platform specifically designed for tablets and smartphones. The Mollie Makes U.S. Edition editorial team will be led by Editor-in-Chief Katherine Stevenson.
"While many craft publications focus on a narrow subject, such as knitting for example, Mollie Makes U.S. Edition covers the whole spectrum, since today's crafter appreciates handmade in all its forms," said Katherine Stevenson, editor-in-chief, Mollie Makes U.S. Edition.
The first issue will be available on April 29th, priced at $24.99 for a one-year print subscription and $19.99 for a one-year digital subscription. For more information about Mollie Makes U.S. Edition visit www.molliemakesusa.com.
About Future plc:
- Future plc is an international media group and leading digital business, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- Future has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for three years in a row by the Association of Online Publishers (2011, 2012, 2013) and has been named the Professional Publishers Association Digital Publisher of the Year for two consecutive years (2012, 2013). Future is also the British Media Awards Media Company of the Year.
- We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating more than 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Games, Guitar, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
- We attract more than 57 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
- Future sold more than 19 million magazines last year, that's 37 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Cycling Plus, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Xbox: The Official Magazine.
- Future has developed its own app-creation software, FutureFolio. We produce over 100 digital editions, and have sold over 5 million digital issues in the last year.
- Future exports or syndicates 218 publications to over 92 countries, making us the UK's number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- Follow Future plc on Twitter at www.twitter.com/futureplc and on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/future-publishing
SOURCE Future US