Future US Promotes Rachelle Considine To President
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Future US, a leading media group focused on technology, video gaming and cycling, as well as content marketing, today announces the promotion of Rachelle Considine to President. As President of Future US, Considine oversees Future US and is a member of the company's global management board.
The promotion supports Future's successful migration from a print to digital company, solidifying its standing as a leading digital publisher for online and tablets. Considine will continue to align Future's U.S. and U.K. operations, and drive a wider, more engaging global audience base.
"Future's U.S. business has made great progress under Rachelle's leadership as Chief Operating Officer during the past year," said Mark Wood, CEO of Future PLC. "The title of President now better reflects the full breadth of Rachelle's responsibilities."
Considine joined Future US in 2009, most recently serving as Chief Operating Officer. She also served as Vice President of Sales and Marketing where she oversaw marketing and sales across Future's games, technology, and men's and women's special-interest markets. She drew on her expertise in working with some of the world's most well-known brands, including Best Buy, Hyundai and 7-11, to apply new ways to connect with readers and partners to grow the company. Prior to her VP role, she was General Manager of the Games Advertising Group, significantly boosting the division's growth and sales, with an emphasis on the digital growth story. Under her leadership, GamesRadar's revenue increased 65 percent year over year.
- Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- It has operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- It holds market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Music, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
- Future attracts 50 million monthly global unique users to its websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
- Future sells more than 24 million magazines every year, that's 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Official Xbox Magazine.
- We deliver over 100 digital editions, selling over two million products in the last 12 months through Apple's Newsstand for iPad.
- Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK's number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.
SOURCE Future US