NEW YORK, Oct. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Gaiam, Inc., the leading distributor of lifestyle media and fitness accessories, today announced the expansion of its Gaiam Sol Collection, Gaiam's professional quality yoga accessory line. This premium collection, developed by yogis for yogis, is crafted from responsibly sourced materials, and an eye toward mindful design and quality construction.
"We are thrilled to expand Gaiam's Sol Collection beyond just mats to now offer a variety of other quality yoga accessories," says Bill Sondheim, President of Gaiam. "Each of the Sol products is designed to be used in conjunction with one another to deliver all the tools necessary to enhance your yoga practice."
The Sol Collection will feature the following new products:
- Sol Devotion Yoga Sling – The ultimate hands-free solution for carrying a yoga mat. The smooth, single piece of nylon slides over mats easily, and the adjustable metal rings accommodate any mat size to hold it snugly. (SRP: $11.98)
- Premium Yoga Strap – With the design influenced by renowned yogi Rodney Yee, this 8" yoga strap is made from strong resilient bamboo fabric for non-stretch support. Featuring a durable non-slip buckle, the strap helps gently expand range of motion, making challenging poses safely accessible and enabling greater overall flexibility. (SRP: $11.98)
- Natural Cork Block – Constructed of 100% natural, recyclable cork embossed with the OM symbol, this block is designed to deliver durable support. It also provides a firm, comfortable seat for meditation. (SRP: $18.98)
- OM Thirsty Towel – An embossed microfiber towel sized to fit perfectly over a yoga mat, providing both traction and balance. Ideal for hot yoga, power yoga, and any vigorous Vinyasa class, this towel absorbs twice as much as cotton and dries in half the time. (SRP: $34.98)
In addition to these new products, the Sol Collection continues to feature premium quality yoga mats that meet the technical demands of even the most advanced yoga practitioners and professionals. All made from 100% natural rubber, these mats offer slip-resistance, superior cushioning, and excellent traction. With the new line, the mats are now grouped into four separate collections, which are the English translations of their Sanskrit names reflecting the spirit and tradition of the practice they embody.
- Devotion Collection (Bhakti) – The Bhakti mat is 1mm thick, weighs less than 2lbs, and folds easily into a square making it easy to pack up and take anywhere. The Bhakti provides an incredible, no-slip foundation, is now available in two colors, Mulberry and Slate. (SRP: $39.98)
- Power Collection (Shakti) –The Shakti mat is specifically designed to blend protection and stability. It offers a specialized stabilizing core that prevents bunching and stretching, as well as fabric-like texture to prevent slipping. This mat is now available in both Deep Red and Aqua (SRP: $59.98)
- Elements Collection – Inspired to help define one's individuality, the soothing blue pattern of the Jala (Water) mat encourages total immersion in the moment. This mat is overlaid with a fine polyester mesh for superior grip. (SRP: $64.98)
- Masters Collection (Uttama) – The Uttama Mat provides the highest level of cushioning available, without sacrificing an ounce of performance. It offers a structured core for balanced resilience and a textured, fabric-like surface for unmatched stability. (SRP: $89.98)
Every mat from the Sol Collection comes with the Gaiam Lifetime Mat Guarantee. Any registered Gaiam Sol mat that wears out will be replaced with the same or a comparable mat at no charge.
For more information, please visit www.gaiam.com/gaiamsol.
Gaiam, Inc. (Nasdaq: GAIA) is a leading producer and marketer of lifestyle media and fitness accessories. With a wide distribution network that consists of over 60,000 retail doors, close to 15,000 stores within stores, 5,600 media category management locations, a digital distribution platform and more than 10 million direct customers, Gaiam is dedicated to providing solutions for healthy and eco-conscious living. The company dominates the health and wellness category and releases non-theatrical programming focused on family entertainment and conscious media. For more information about Gaiam, please visit www.gaiam.com or call 1.800.869.3603.
Media Contact: Lauren Aboulessan Krupp Kommunications (212) 886-6710 LAboulessan@kruppnyc.com
SOURCE Gaiam, Inc.