NEW YORK, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Gaiam, Inc., the leading distributor of lifestyle media, yoga and fitness products, and accessories, today announced the launch of its first ever line of yoga clothing and yoga kits for men. Resulting from the trend of a growing number of men who are taking up the practice of yoga, as well as requests from their customers, Gaiam sought out suggestions and feedback from their talent, in-house yogi's, and local yogi's for inspiration and design. The main finding was a need for function and comfort, which led to each piece being carefully designed with the yoga practice in mind.
While previously offering casual clothing, accessories, and workout attire for women, this line new line for men offers seven pieces, which include a mix of tops and bottoms that are designed to be combined and worn together. All the items are manufactured in the USA and feature eco-friendly performance fabric, made from recycled polyester:
- Organic Sleeveless Tee (SRP: $36.00) - The sleeveless style provides a full range of motion that is also lightweight and comfortable.
- Organic Short-Sleeve Tee (SRP: $36.00) - A clean and classic tee that's perfect from yoga to the street.
- Yoga Short (SRP: $52.00) - Offers longer-length coverage with pockets, easy-pull comfort elastic waist, and an interior drawstring for a custom fit.
- Pro Yoga Short (SRP: $52.00) - Features a shorter length for greater freedom of movement, as well as an interior drawstring with stay-put elastic waist.
- Yoga Pant (SRP: $76.00) - These lightweight athletic pants move with the body as it wicks and breathes, and also features comfortable elastic waist with hidden drawstring, side pockets, and single back pocket.
- French Terry Jacket (SRP: $ 78.00) - Offers a classic, athletic-style full-zip track jacket with front hand pockets for essentials.
- French Terry Hoodie (SRP: $78.00) - Perfect for post-workouts to everyday wear, the full-zip hoodie features a drawstring and pouch pocket for warmth.
- After-Practice Jacket (SRP: $124.00) - The lightweight men's track jacket wicks away moisture, providing comfort, and also has a sleek design with contour stitching, a full-zip front, and zip-front hand pockets for essentials.
Gaiam is also launching a variety of yoga kits that feature combinations of products to fit whatever practice works best with one's level and style:
- Cobra Pose Set (SRP $60.00) - This basic yoga kit is perfect for getting started or to refresh one's equipment, as it includes everything needed to practice yoga, including the refreshing orange essential oil wipes for after class.
- Eagle Pose Set (SRP $88.00) - This inclusive kit includes all the yoga necessities plus the Backjoy+ to help keep one's yoga posture all day long.
- Thunderbolt Pose Set (SRP $110.00) - This kit puts everything together in a stylish way, as it contains the YogaMate (towel, mat, bag), blocks, a strap, and a DVD.
- Home Practice & Stretch kit (SRP $98.00) - This kit offers everything for at-home practice, including the Back Flex to help stretch and straighten the spine.
- On-the-Go Stretch & Massage (SRP $48.00) - This kit helps one stretch and restore on-the-go, as it features lightweight products that are easy to pack in a bag and take anywhere.
- Power Yoga Kit (SRP $89.00) - Light enough to take anywhere, this kit offers professionally-designed products developed for the technical demands of advanced yoga practitioners.
All of Gaiam's men's yoga clothing and kits are available on www.gaiam.com.
Gaiam, Inc. (Nasdaq: GAIA) is a leading producer and marketer of lifestyle media and fitness accessories. With a wide distribution network that consists of over 60,000 retail doors, close to 15,000 store within stores, 5,600 media category management locations, a digital distribution platform and more than 10 million direct customers, Gaiam is dedicated to providing solutions for healthy and eco-conscious living. The company dominates the health and wellness category and releases non-theatrical programming focused on family entertainment and conscious media. For more information about Gaiam, please visit www.gaiam.com or call 1-800-869-3603.
Media contact: Rachel Albert Krupp Kommunications (212) 886-6704 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Gaiam, Inc.