Game Development Heavyweights Fill The Roster At GDC Europe 2012
Industry All-Stars Bigpoint, BioWare, Capcom, IO Interactive, Konami, Kongregate, Microsoft, ngmoco, Remedy, Sony XDev Studio, Ubisoft and more to Present Talks to Inspire Developers
BERLIN, July 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The 2012 Game Developers Conference™ Europe (GDC Europe) will feature a stellar lineup of speakers when the event convenes in Cologne, Germany next month. The conference will include talks by many of the European developers leading the industry into the future of games such as Victor Kislyi, CEO of Wargaming.net, Eskil Steenberg, developer of the procedurally-generated indie game, Love, Riccardo Zacconi of cross-platform game developer, King.com, Travian Games' war game expert Jan Van der Crabben, and more. GDC Europe will also shine its spotlight on several longtime industry stalwarts including Ernest Adams, Ben Cousins, Don Daglow, Robin Hunicke and Martin Hollis, director of the original Goldeneye 007 for the Nintendo 64, who will give a postmortem on the now classic game. GDC Europe takes place Monday through Wednesday, August 13-15, 2012 at the Congress-Centrum Ost Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany.
Now in its fourth year and happening alongside the European-leading gamescom trade fair, GDC Europe will once again serve the European game industry by gathering the world's leading speakers in areas specific to current European game development trends across platforms and development disciplines. GDC Europe will offer more than 80 sessions on the advancement of game development across its entire roster, divided amongst five main conference tracks — Business, Marketing & Management, Game Design, Production, Programming and Visual Arts — and three summits dedicated to specific sectors of the game industry—the Independent Games Summit, the Smartphone and Tablet Games Summit and the Social and Online Games Summit.
Highlights of the 2012 GDC Europe schedule include:
- Epic Games' Niklas Smedberg presenting the Programming Track keynote on the developer's experiences bringing AAA-quality graphics to mobile platforms within the Infinity Blade games
- CEO of Wargaming.net Victor Kislyi discussing the challenges and benefits of building a truly global business in his Business Track Keynote, "World of Free-to-Play - AAA by Wargaming.net"
- The latest in the series of GDC Classic Game Postmortems – and the first at GDC Europe – with Martin Hollis' look back at Goldeneye 007 on the Nintendo 64, still considered to be one of the console's best and most addictive multiplayer gaming experiences
- CD Projekt RED's Maciej Szczesnik and Marek Ziemak on the lessons learned from the development of The Witcher 2 and how they are applying them to their next game, the scale of which they say "exceeds the previous two combined"
- Indie developer Eskil Steenberg giving a postmortem on the engine he designed for his massively-multiplayer first person procedurally-generated first-person adventure game, Love
- An "Ask the Publisher" panel, on which key executives in publishing and financing games from Capcom, Konami, Microsoft Studios and Remedy Games will provide developer attendees with a better understanding of how and why they make their decisions
These sessions and many more join the previously-announced Game Design track keynote by Ubisoft Montreal creative director Alex Hutchinson, who will cover the history of Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed franchise through this year's upcoming installment, Assassin's Creed III. Information about all of these sessions and many more is available at http://schedule.gdceurope.com.
GDC Europe 2011 hosted over 2100 attendees, 170 speakers, 45 exhibitors and more than 300 media representatives. With a developer-focused Expo Floor area, plus myriad day and evening networking events, GDC Europe 2012 will continue to offer business and networking opportunities to all attendees. Early registration for GDC Europe with savings of up to 275 EURO off on-site pricing ends Wednesday, July 18, 2012. For more information on GDC Europe, including a schedule of all conference events and parties, plus a complete exhibitor list, please visit: www.gdceurope.com.
About the UBM TechWeb Game Network
A core provider of essential information to the professional game industry, the UBM TechWeb Game Network offers market-defining content, and drives community through its award winning lineup of print, online, event and research products and services. These include the Game Developers Conference®, the Webby Award-winning Gamasutra.com and network of sites, the Game Advertising Online ad network, the Game Developers Conference® Online, the Game Developers Conference™ Europe, the Game Developers Conference™ China, Game Developer Magazine, the Game Career Seminars and GameCareerGuide.com, the Independent Games Festival and Summit, and the Game Developers Choice Awards. Visit www.jointhegamenetwork.com
About UBM TechWeb
UBM TechWeb, the global leader in technology media and professional information, enables people and organizations to harness the transformative power of technology. Through its three core businesses – media solutions, marketing services and paid content – UBM TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed brands and media applications in the technology market. More than 14.5 million business and technology professionals (CIOs and IT managers, Web & Digital professionals, Software Developers, Government decision makers, and Telecom providers) actively engage in UBM TechWeb's communities and information resources monthly. UBM TechWeb brands includes: global face-to-face events such as Interop, Web 2.0, Black Hat and Enterprise Connect; award-winning online resources such as InformationWeek, Light Reading, and Network Computing; and market-leading magazines InformationWeek, Wall Street & Technology, and Advanced Trading. UBM TechWeb is a UBM plc company, a global provider of news distribution and specialist information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion. Visit: www.ubmtechweb.com
SOURCE UBM TechWeb Game Network
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.