FREMONT, Calif., June 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- GammaTech Computer Corp. introduces the DURABOOK V10BB, a highly customizable, ultra-rugged, all-in-one computer designed specifically for military and homeland security applications. The unit is compliant with multiple military standards and IP67 specification to meet extremely harsh conditions while providing highly reliable CCCI and battle management capabilities. The V10BB can be tailored to meet specific applications or requirements through optional military connectors, programmable function buttons, and various military I/O interfaces.
"When it comes to engineering and manufacturing computer devices that can withstand the most hostile, toughest military applications, GammaTech stands head and shoulders above the competition," stated Tom Wang, GammaTech president. "The rugged DURABOOK V10BB all-in-one computer provides our military and homeland defense personnel with the accuracy, efficiency, reliability, and durability they deserve and need, whether in actual combat or preparing for it."
Designed and Constructed Tough
Built tough and made specifically for the roughest, harshest, most unforgiving environments, the DURABOOK V10BB meets or exceeds the following military standards.
- MIL-STD-461F: control of electromagnetic interference (EMI); (CE101, CE102, CS101, CS106, CS114, CS115, CS116, RE101, RE102 Ground Army/Navy Mobile, RS101, RS103)
- MIL-STD-810G: vibration, water sealing, sand and dust proofing, salt fog, explosive environment, functional shock, solar radiation, fungus, fluid contamination, temperature shock, acidic atmosphere, gunfire shock, and freeze/thaw conditions.
- MIL-STD-1250: corrosion prevention and deterioration control in electronic components and assemblies
- MIL-STD-1275 (Optional): 28 VDC electrical power systems for military ground vehicles
The DURABOOK V10BB provides an amazing level of customization and design capabilities to satisfy virtually any requirement or application. Some of these are: Optional military connector mountings with up to 32 pins; up to 28 programmable function keys; assorted I/O interfaces; selectable interface outputs; fanless thermal solution capability; and various BIOS/OS adaptations.
Protects Valuable Data
To protect valuable data from falling into the wrong hands, the V10BB features a quick-release hard drive, quick data-erase capability, and a distract function.
Quality Control and Reliability
To ensure military-grade quality and government acceptance, GammaTech adheres to the following steps and procedures in the production of the V10BB: ISO-9001, component quality management, vendor quality assurance, incoming quality control, materials AQL inspection, specific project management, monitoring and recording manufacturing process, and ORT (on-going reliability test).
In addition to meeting or exceeding the many military standards and other specifications, GammaTech also assures the V10BB undergoes 100% in/out inspection as well as in-house verification and third-party certification for thermal shock, vibration, humidity water jet, I/O ports, structure pressure, rain, and dust.
- Multi-Function Display
10.6" (1024 x 768) LCD display comes equipped with either resistive single or multi-touch screen; here-to-there 178° viewing angle; special night mode; and optical bonding with EMI mesh to optimize direct sunlight readability.
- High Performance Processor
The unit is powered by an Intel® Broadwell MCP processor and supports both 4GB or 8GB on-board memory and a 2.5" wide temperature 500GB SATA SSD.
- Thinnest all-in-one tactical PC: 2.25"; 11 pounds
- Supports SSD Quick-Release and quick data erase/distract function to protect valuable data
- Built with aluminum-alloy for highest precision and EMC/EMI performance
- Magnesium alloy case is 20 times stronger than ABS plastic
- C face – including keyboard, keypad, buttons, and indicators – is designed for exceptional spill protection
- Auto power on/off when DC-IN / VCC on/off with selectable timer setting
- Independent chassis rounding
- Operates in coldest of temperatures to hottest: -51°F to 160°F; humidity range: 5% to 95%
- Operates in heights up to 15,000 feet
- Optional video capture card
GammaTech has a well-earned reputation and a long history in producing rugged computers suitable for a wide variety of industries and applications. It has been named a winner in Government Security News' Homeland Security Awards in the Best Rugged Computers category multiple times.
The GammaTech DURABOOK V10BB ultra-rugged all-in-one computer is now available for ordering and shipping. For more information and pricing details, call 800.995.8946 or visit the 'Contact Us' page at www.GammaTechUSA.com.
About GammaTech Computer Corporation
GammaTech Computer Corporation is a leader in the design, manufacture and sales of cost-effective, high-performance mobile computing solutions throughout North America. Its award-winning line of rugged and hardened notebook and tablet computers are designed and built-to-order to increase mobile productivity for business, government, healthcare, fire, public safety and a host of other entities. GammaTech offers a complete portfolio of products that delivers power and performance needed in the most demanding work environments, resulting in increased productivity and accelerated return on investment. GammaTech is headquartered in Fremont, California, which provides the final assembly, inventory, service and technical support.
For more information, visit GammaTech at www.GammaTechUSA.com.
All products/services and trademarks mentioned in this release are the properties of their respective companies.
©2016 GammaTech Computer Corporation. All rights reserved.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gammatech-introduces-highly-customizable-ultra-rugged-all-in-one-military-pc-300292831.html
SOURCE GammaTech Computer Corporation