PARKER, Colo., Sept. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Gander Mountain, the nation's largest and fastest-growing outdoor specialty retailer, is celebrating its new store in Parker with a four-day grand opening celebration starting on September 15, featuring live music, celebrity appearances, giveaways and family activities for the community.
A convenient, new location for local consumers, the 57,600-square-foot facility will be located in the Crown Point development, near the northeast corner of E470 and S Parker Road (Colorado 83).
As part of the grand opening, the first 1,000 guests through the door each day from Thursday, Sept. 15, through Sunday, Sept. 18, will receive a free scratch-off card for great prizes and Gander Mountain gear. Every card is a winner, with prizes ranging from gift cards valued up to $100, discounts up to 50 percent off, to shirts, hats and more. Guests may also register for a chance to win a $500 Gander Mountain gift card.
"Our Parker location gives outdoor enthusiasts a convenient option to get the gear they need before heading out on their next adventure," said Gander Mountain's Parker Store Manager Jeff Long. "With family-filled activities and events planned throughout the weekend, we're excited to celebrate the community's passion for hiking, fishing, camping, hunting and shooting sports."
Events and appearances will occur from Thursday, Sept. 15, until Sunday, Sept. 18, and include:
- Official Ribbon Cutting Ceremony on Thursday at 9:45 a.m.; doors open at 10 a.m.
- Live performance by country music artist Adam Sanders at 9 a.m. before doors open on Thursday, followed by a meet-and-greet from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Professional hockey player Cody McLeod will be at the store for meet and greets on Thursday from 4 – 5:30 p.m. Passes to meet McLeod will be given to the first 250 guests starting at 10a.m.
- Professional football player Demaryius Thomas will be at the store on Thursday from 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. to sign autographs. Passes to meet Thomas will be given to the first 250 guests starting at 10 a.m.; limited to one autographed item per person. No outside memorabilia.
- Professional football player Derek Wolfe will be at the store on Friday from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. signing autographs. Passes to meet Wolfe will be given to the first 250 guests starting at 9 a.m.; limited to one autographed item per person.
- Professional football player Emmanuel Sanders will be at the store on Saturday from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. signing autographs. Passes to meet Sanders will be given to the first 250 guests starting at 8 a.m.; limited to one autographed item per person. No outside memorabilia.
- Professional angler and Eagle Claw Pro-Staffer Matt Massey will be at the store on Saturday from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. to talk about the latest gear and tips
- Free line winding (up to 3 reels) during the Berkley Trilene Happy Hour on Thursday and Friday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- The first 100 kids can paint their own fishing lure at Berkley's Paint-A-Lure event Thursday and Friday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday from noon to 3 p.m.
- The first 75 kids each day can Build-A-Call and learn to use it with the help of Buck Gardner Calls on Saturday and Sunday from noon to 2 p.m.
- Kids can also learn to cast at the Casting Event, sponsored by Shakespeare, on Saturday and Sunday from noon to 3 p.m.
A full schedule of events and appearances are available at GanderMountain.com/GrandOpenings.
"With the kick-off of hunting season here in Colorado, our goal is to help residents get the gear they need to head back outdoors," said Long. "With our Best Price Plus program, if a guest finds a lower advertised price on an identical in-stock item at another local retailer, Gander Mountain will match it plus give the guest 10 percent of the difference."
With hunting season top-of-mind as we head into the fall season, Gander Mountain - America's Firearm Supercenter™, has a steadfast record of fostering responsible firearms ownership, training and safety through its Responsibility Pledge (join thousands of citizens who have taken the pledge at ResponsibilityPledge.com or use the hashtag #responsibilitypledge to commit to securing your firearms) and its Gander Mountain Academy training centers which have earned a reputation as one of the nation's top providers of firearms education and safety training.
Those interested in careers with Gander Mountain can explore current opportunities and submit an application online at www.GanderMountain.com/careers.
About Gander Mountain Company
Gander Mountain Company headquartered in St. Paul, MN, is the nation's largest and fastest-growing retail network of specialty outdoor stores for hunting, fishing, camping, shooting and outdoor lifestyle products and services. Since 1960, Gander Mountain has offered the best selection of outdoor gear featuring national, regional and specialty brands at competitive prices. Focused on a "We Live Outdoors®" culture, Gander Mountain dedicates itself to creating outdoor memories. Gander Mountain has launched a national campaign encouraging responsible firearms ownership – take the Responsibility Pledge at ResponsibilityPledge.com and use the hashtag #responsibilitypledge in social media to raise awareness. Gander Mountain has more than 160 conveniently-located stores in 27 states. For the nearest store location call 800-282-5993 or visit www.GanderMountain.com Gander Mountain is also the parent company of Overton's (www.overtons.com), a leading catalog and Internet based retailer of products for boating and other water sports enthusiasts.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gander-mountain-expands-with-parker-location-grand-opening-celebration-september-15-18-300324799.html
SOURCE Gander Mountain