FRISCO, Texas, Sept. 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Gander Mountain, the nation's largest and fastest-growing outdoor specialty retailer, is celebrating its new store in Frisco with a four-day grand opening starting on September 29, featuring live music, celebrity appearances, giveaways and family activities for the community.
The newest Gander Mountain will be located in a new 60,000-square-foot store building on Dallas Parkway next to Market Street. It will be the 22nd Gander Mountain location in Texas, joining existing stores in the local Dallas market including Lewisville, Lake Worth, Arlington and Mesquite.
As part of the grand opening, the first 1,000 guests through the door each day from Thursday, Sept. 29, through Sunday, Oct. 2, will receive a free scratch-off card for great prizes and Gander Mountain gear. Every card is a winner, with prizes ranging from gift cards valued up to $100, discounts up to 50 percent off, to shirts, hats and more. Guests may also register for a chance to win a $500 Gander Mountain gift card.
"Texas is one of the most active states for outdoor enthusiasts who love hunting, shooting sports, fishing and camping, which makes adding a new store in Frisco a great addition to the community," said Gander Mountain's Frisco Store Manager Rodney Tolar. "We're excited to bring the community together with a weekend full of family-friendly events and welcome them to our newest location."
Events and appearances will occur from Thursday, Sep. 29, until Sunday, Oct. 2, and include:
- Official Ribbon Cutting Ceremony on Thursday at 9:45 a.m.; doors open at 10 a.m.
- Live performance by country music artist Murphy Elmore, at 9 a.m. before doors open on Thursday, followed by a meet-and-greet from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Professional angler and Strike King pro-staffer Todd Faircloth will be at the store on Thursday from 4 – 7 p.m.
- Hall of Fame running back Earl Campbell will be at the store on Thursday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. signing autographs. Passes to meet Campbell will be given to the first 250 guests starting at 10 a.m.; limited to one autographed item per person
- Travis 'T-Bone' Turner, co-host of Michael Waddell's Bone Collector on the Outdoor Channel, will sign autographs both Friday from 3 – 7 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Professional angler and Gander Mountain pro-staffer Dean Rojas will be at the store on Friday from 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Former professional football player Jordan Shipley will be at the store on Saturday from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. signing autographs. Passes to meet Shipley will be given to the first 300 guests starting at 8 a.m.; limited to one autographed item per person
- Carhartt will share their new innovations with prizes to win on Saturday from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Owner and creator of Buck Gardner Calls, Buck Gardner, will be at the store on Saturday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- 5-time professional bowler and 3-time Super Bowl champ Jay Novacek will be at the store on Sunday from noon – 2 p.m. signing autographs. Passes to meet Novacek will be given to the first 250 guests starting at 9 a.m.; limited to one autograph per person
- Free line winding (up to 3 reels) during the Berkley Trilene Happy Hour on Thursday and Friday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Remington will host their mobile truck on-site all day Thursday through Sunday for customers to tour
- The first 100 kids can paint their own fishing lure at Berkley's Paint-A-Lure event Thursday and Friday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday from noon to 3 p.m.
- The first 75 kids each day can Build-A-Call and learn to use it with the help of Buck Gardner Calls on Saturday and Sunday from noon to 2 p.m.
- Kids can also learn to cast at the Casting Event, sponsored by Shakespeare, on Saturday and Sunday from noon to 3 p.m.
A full schedule of events and appearances are available at GanderMountain.com/GrandOpenings.
"We're looking forward to opening weekend and offering customers our Best Price Plus program. If a guest finds a lower advertised price on an identical in-stock item at another local retailer, Gander Mountain will match it plus give the guest 10 percent of the difference," added Tolar.
With hunting season top-of-mind as we head into the fall season, Gander Mountain - America's Firearms SupercenterTM, has a steadfast record of fostering responsible firearms ownership, training and safety through its Responsibility Pledge (join thousands of citizens who have taken the pledge at ResponsibilityPledge.com or use the hashtag #responsibilitypledge to commit to securing your firearms) and its Gander Mountain Academy training centers which have earned a reputation as one of the nation's top providers of firearms education and safety training.
Those interested in careers with Gander Mountain can explore current opportunities and submit an application online at www.GanderMountain.com/careers.
About Gander Mountain Company
Gander Mountain Company headquartered in St. Paul, MN, is the nation's largest and fastest-growing retail network of specialty outdoor stores for hunting, fishing, camping, shooting and outdoor lifestyle products and services. Since 1960, Gander Mountain has offered the best selection of outdoor gear featuring national, regional and specialty brands at competitive prices. Focused on a "We Live Outdoors®" culture, Gander Mountain dedicates itself to creating outdoor memories. Gander Mountain has launched a national campaign encouraging responsible firearms ownership – take the Responsibility Pledge at ResponsibilityPledge.com and use the hashtag #responsibilitypledge in social media to raise awareness. Gander Mountain has more than 160 conveniently-located stores in 27 states. For the nearest store location call 800-282-5993 or visit www.GanderMountain.com Gander Mountain is also the parent company of Overton's (www.overtons.com), a leading catalog and Internet based retailer of products for boating and other water sports enthusiasts.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gander-mountain-opens-fifth-store-in-dallas-market-with-grand-opening-september-29-october-2-300333553.html
SOURCE Gander Mountain Company