Gannett Wins 11 National Murrow Awards
MCLEAN, Va., June 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) today won 11 National Edward R. Murrow Awards. The Edward R. Murrow Awards honor outstanding achievements in broadcast and digital journalism and are sponsored by the Radio Television Digital News Association (RTNDA).
"Gannett's commitment to quality journalism in the communities we serve is highlighted by these 11 National Edwards R. Murrow Awards. To be honored with these awards across our Broadcasting and U.S. Community Publishing divisions, in addition to the 64 regional awards won earlier this year, is evidence of the hard work and outstanding journalism we see every day in our local communities," said Gracia Martore, president and CEO of Gannett.
- WXIA-TV, Atlanta, GA
- Television: Writing
- WGRZ-TV, Buffalo, NY
- Television: Reporting, Hard News – "Webdale's Killer Speaks"
- Burlington Free Press, Burlington, VT
- Online: Breaking News – "River Rescue in Jericho"
- WFAA-TV, Dallas, TX
- Television: Newscast – "North Texas Tornadoes"
- Television: News Series – "Ending Domestic Violence"
- Detroit Free Press, Detroit, MI
- Online: Website (Video)
- News-Press Media Group, Fort Myers, FL
- Online: News Series – "A Spark of Hope"
- WBIR-TV, Knoxville, TN
- Television: Overall Excellence
- KARE-TV, Minneapolis, MN
- Television: Feature Reporting – "Climbing Out"
- Television: Reporting, Hard News – "Know Before You Tow"
- KING-TV, Seattle, WA
- Television: Use of Sound/Video – Scott Jensen
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 110 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.
SOURCE Gannett Co., Inc.