Gap Launches Exclusive Collection With GQ's Best New Menswear Designers In America
BLK DNM, Ian Velardi, Mark McNairy New Amsterdam, Ovadia & Sons, Saturdays NYC and Todd Snyder Create Limited-Edition Menswear Collection, Available at Select Gap Stores and Gap.com
NEW YORK, Sept. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- On September 27, Gap will debut a limited-edition collection for men designed by GQ's six Best New Menswear Designers in America for 2012. The one-of-a-kind assortment, which ranges from accessories to outerwear, showcases each rising designer's signature spin on iconic menswear pieces.
"From the very early stages of the design process, we knew this collection was going to be something our customers were drawn to," said Mark Breitbard, head of merchandising for Gap North America. "These designers are shaping the future of menswear, and it's an honor to bring their distinct visions to life in a way that complements Gap's casual American point of view."
With price points starting at $20 for essential items such as boxer briefs and ranging up to $348 for more indulgent pieces like a leather bomber jacket, the collection is available at select Gap stores worldwide and online at Gap.com. The collection will include hats, belts, knit ties and scarves; graphic tees, fleece hoodies, oxfords and mohair cardigans; chinos, cargo pants, wool trousers and denim; and blazers, wool peacoats, parkas and leather bombers.
The six designers and the pieces from their Gap-exclusive capsule collections will be featured in a special fourteen-page advertising insert in the October 2012 issue of GQ. They include:
- Johan Lindeberg's BLK DNM celebrates the new uniform of the way-downtown set, where black jeans share sartorial space with tuxedo jackets and leather bombers.
- Ian Velardi who fuses active sportswear with classic tailoring techniques to form his signature uptown-meets-downtown aesthetic.
- Mark McNairy New Amsterdam turns classic American sportswear on its ear. Military, workwear and athletic influences mesh in his rebellious and playful collections.
- Twin brothers Ariel and Shimon Ovadia, of Ovadia & Sons, bring fresh eyes to old-world tailoring by updating classic menswear items with unexpected details and pops of color.
- Saturdays NYC, founded by Morgan Collett, Josh Rosen, and Colin Tunstall, brings surf style to urban dwellers with designs equally suited for sandy beaches and concrete sidewalks.
- Todd Snyder's designs reside at the intersection of rugged and refined. He makes clothes for the man who wears a jacket and tie because he wants to.
GQ's Best New Menswear Designers in America project, which was established in 2007, works to advance and bring attention to up-and-coming American menswear designers. The recognized designers who were selected by GQ editor-in-chief Jim Nelson and creative director Jim Moore, along with the fashion editors of the magazine, took part in a mentoring program led by GQ and Gap.
GQ is the leading men's general-interest magazine, with a monthly readership of 7 million readers. It is available in print, online at GQ.com, and as an app at iTunes.com. The magazine is published by Conde Nast, a division of Advance Publications. Conde Nast operates in twenty-five countries and is the world leader in exceptional content creation.
Gap is a global apparel and accessories brand focused on delivering casual, American style. The brand offers classic, iconic clothing that helps customers express their individuality through its Gap, GapKids, babyGap, GapMaternity and GapBody collections. With an optimistic point of view and belief that everyone can make their creative mark in the world, Gap embodies what it means to be bright. Founded in San Francisco in 1969 by Donald G. Fisher and Doris F. Fisher, the brand has grown from one store to over 1,500 company-operated and franchise retail locations around the world. Gap is the namesake brand for leading global specialty retailer, Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS) which includes Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Piperlime, and Athleta. For more information, please visit www.gapinc.com.
SOURCE Gap Inc.
More by this Source
Gap Debuts "Back to Blue" Videos With Three-Screen Strategy
Sep 16, 2013, 09:00 ET
Gap Gets "Back To Blue"
Aug 12, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.