LONDON, Dec. 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
In 2014, the gardening sector will achieve its strongest growth since 2009, increasing by 6.8%. This growth will be driven by the better weather we had over the spring, which encouraged people to spend more time and money on their gardens. Homeowners seeing their garden as an extra room has also supported the sector, with greenstock and growing media and outdoor living performing strongly in 2014.
- Gardening market shares from 2009 to 2014 as well as channel shares up to 2019
- Offers an in-depth analysis of how the market has done, both at an overall and sub-sector level, to enable retailers to benchmark their performance.
- Analysis of exclusive data from Verdict's e-retail survey to provide retailers with the competitive edge in this fledgling channel.
While growth in gardening will slow in 2015, against a tough comparative, we forecast that gardening sales will grow by 13.7% between 2014 and 2019 with greenstock and growing media being one of the best performing sub-sectors. This is largely due to the frequency of purchase, as shoppers replace plants which died away in the past 12 months.
For online to gain greater traction in gardening, retailers must ensure a consistently high experience across all channels, that they track their competitors, and offer a more delivery options. Online gardening shoppers are more open to receiving deliveries away from their homes and conduct more pre-purchase research across multiple channels.
Despite having a poor Q2, its exceptionally strong Q1 will support BandQ and we forecast that it will stay top of the gardening market in 2014. Its scale and large store network provides shoppers with strong price and convenience credentials. Wyevale will gain the most share in 2014, boosted by acquiring Garden and Leisure in 2013.
Reasons To Buy
- How will the different sub-sectors perform over the next five years?
- How can retailers use online to improve their sales performance?
- Which channels are set to become a greater threat in the gardening market over the next five years?
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3468673/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers