MORRISTOWN, N.J., Jan. 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Tufin®, the market-leading provider of Security Policy Orchestration solutions, shares that a series of recent research reports from Gartner discuss the evolution of network security policy management. These reports include: "Network Security Policy Management Solutions Have Evolved," "Effective Network Orchestration Starts by Automating Provisioning" and "Hype Cycle for Infrastructure Protection."
"As pioneers in our space, we believe that the Gartner research papers are an important milestone for the network security policy management market because they validate the business need," said Reuven Harrison, CTO & Co-Founder, Tufin. "The research papers also reflect the way our 1,700 enterprise customers use our solutions for three different, but related network security needs: security policy management, infrastructure protection and network orchestration."
The report, "Network Security Policy Management Solutions Have Evolved" published on October 30, 2015 by analysts Adam Hils and Rajpreet Kaur, states:
- "Many firewalls have thousands of rules accumulated over years of deployment and changing access control lists (ACLs); these rules are often obsolete, conflicting or redundant, impacting a network's performance and availability, and therefore your business."
- "As networks grow, applying the right security policies at the right network control points is challenging. Multiple native-point solutions are difficult to maintain. Network security policy management (NSPM) solutions can provide visibility across the dynamic network, and can make policy provisioning easier."
- "Applications play a critical role in a digital business, and their availability has become very important for business continuity. NSPM tools provide application-based visibility and control, making management of application connectivity easier."
Gartner also recognizes application connectivity management as a benefit of network security policy management. The Tufin Orchestration Suite™ is in fact the industry's first solution to manage network connectivity and security policy from an application perspective. The report says:
- "With more business reliance on applications, end-to-end application productivity management tools provide application-based management capabilities to reduce security risks while improving availability. Application-based change request and application connectivity path visualization are examples of the utility of this technology. This is currently not available from a majority of native firewall interfaces and certainly not in an environment with multiple vendors' solutions deployed."
Gartner's research paper, "Effective Network Orchestration Starts by Automating Provisioning," authored by Simon Richard on August 31, identifies Tufin as a policy-based network orchestration solution.
Lastly, "Hype Cycle for Infrastructure Protection, 2015", by Greg Young, Adam Hils & Neil McDonald, published on August 11, 2015 provides a comprehensive overview of security technologies and services available to protect the enterprise:
- "New in this edition are the technology profiles for Network Sandboxing, Network Traffic Analysis, Firewall Policy Management and Threat Intelligence Platforms. All but the last are established technologies; however, their inclusion highlights their more focused place and increased demand in the security landscape."
For more information on Tufin and its suite of network security policy orchestration solutions, please visit: http://www.tufin.com/.
Tufin leads the Network Security Policy Orchestration market, enabling enterprises to centrally manage, visualize and control security policies across hybrid cloud and physical network environments. The award-winning Tufin Orchestration Suite™ is a complete solution for automatically designing, provisioning, analyzing and auditing network security changes from the application layer down to the network layer. By optimizing security policies, Tufin reduces the attack surface and the likelihood of disruptions to business critical applications. Network change process automation provides organizations with rapid service delivery, continuous compliance and business agility.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.