OSAKA, Japan, July 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Osaka-based Mandom Corp. will hold "GATSBY CREATIVE AWARDS," a TV commercial video contest featuring the GATSBY brand of men's grooming products. The contest has been held as "GATSBY Student CM Awards" 10 times, and will be upgraded as "GATSBY CREATIVE AWARDS" in 2016.
The competition will provide not only Japanese students but also those from nine other countries and regions -- Hong Kong, Indonesia, the Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mongolia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and the United States -- with an opportunity to interact with one another through their production of commercial videos, thereby supporting young people's creative activities. Not only students who are aspiring to be professional video creators but also beginners who are interested in video creation can participate in the contest with a light heart.
Official contest website: http://award.gatsby.jp/international/
Overview of GATSBY CREATIVE AWARDS
Organized by Mandom Corp.
Produced by CrEa, Inc.
Period of accepting entries: Friday, July 1, to Monday, October 31, 2016
- Screening committee meeting & award ceremony: Saturday, January 28, 2017
(in Tokyo's Harajuku district)
- Those qualified to participate: Students enrolled in high schools, vocational
schools, junior colleges, universities and post-graduate schools in areas
covered by the contest. (Those who meet these qualifications can participate
regardless of their nationalities.)
- Areas covered by the contest: Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, the Republic of
Korea, Malaysia, Mongolia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and the United States
- The work winning the grand prix will be broadcast by a terrestrial television
station in a country or area where its creator studies and submitted to the
Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. The winner of the grand
prix will receive 500,000 yen in prize money, among other extra prizes.
GATSBY CREATIVE AWARDS:
GATSBY Student CM Awards, a video contest for students held for 10 years from 2006 ahead of the current video boom, will develop into one of Asia's largest CM contests for students thanks to entries by numerous students. At a final screening committee meeting, judges evaluate submitted works, and gently and enthusiastically give advice to students who submitted their works. The event ends with an award ceremony that is quite moving.
Those who attended the award ceremony have given the organizer such comments as "It was a dreamy event," "It was a good opportunity for participants to inspire each other," "I was able to have many hopes toward my future," "I'm really glad that I made friends with many participants from overseas" and "I'd like you to continue the event." A total of 1,559 works were submitted to the 10th contest held last year.
The contest will develop into "GATSBY CREATIVE AWARDS" in 2016 with the aim of making the event, which had focused on product commercials, a diverse creative venue.
"GATSBY CREATIVE AWARDS" to develop into a more inspiring contest easier for young people to participate in
- The work that wins the grand prix (only in the Standard CM Category) will be broadcast by a terrestrial television station in a country where its author studies so that the winner can share their joy with their fellow students and other friends, and submitted to the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
- The submission of the work that won the grand prix in last year's contest to the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity as an extra prize was highly appreciated by its author. Therefore, the organizer will continue to do so this year. The organizer is determined to provide students who are aspiring to be professionals with opportunities to have their works appreciated at higher levels so that they will be further inspired.
- The time limit on works in the No-Editing CM Category to be lifted
By lifting the time limit on works to be submitted to the No-Editing CM Category, the organizer will ease restrictions on the production of works so that applicants will submit more expressive works.
- Prize money to be increased
The prize money for the grand-prize winner will be increased from 300,000 yen to 500,000 yen.
For details, visit the contest's official website, "GATSBY CREATIVE AWARDS":
About Mandom Corp. President & Executive Officer: Motonobu Nishimura
Headquarters: Osaka City
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gatsby-student-cm-awards-commercial-video-contest-for-students-to-develop-into-gatsby-creative-awards-more-creative-venue-closer-to-consumers-300293186.html
SOURCE Mandom Corp.