Gazelle Gears Up for iPad 3 Announcement With Introduction of New Service Enhancements
Customer experience changes will make it easier and faster for customers to get cash to upgrade to iPad 3
Gazelle already seeing unprecedented tablet trade-in activity offering nearly $1M for thousands of iPads traded in since late February
BOSTON, March 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- With the announcement of Apple's newest iPad scheduled for this afternoon, Gazelle®, the nation's leading consumer reCommerce service, officially launched new features designed to help gadget owners get paid more easily and faster than ever for their used iPads. The enhancements include updates throughout the customer experience, specifically in regard to Gazelle's mobile site, free shipping and pricing.
- Simplified mobile experience: Over the last several months, Gazelle has seen a massive increase in users trading in their electronics directly from a mobile device. As a result, Gazelle has introduced a revamped mobile offering and a specific iPad mobile experience that enables customers to easily trade in their tablet directly from their mobile phone.
- Free outbound box program: Gazelle has made it easier than ever for gadget aficionados to trade in their used iPad. The Company is providing boxes that are specifically designed to hold your used iPads. As usual, shipping is free.
- Fair and Honest Pricing: Nearly 95% of people who trade in items to Gazelle receive the value they are initially offered. In addition, while few companies reward customers on the upside if they are too harsh in judging the condition of their own gadget, Gazelle has adjusted 5% of iPad payments up from the initial offer.
- 30 Day Lock-in guarantee: As always, customers can lock-in their trade today and have 30 days to trade in their used iPad.
- Faster payment: A specially trained iPad processing team is ready to check out thousands of iPads per day, meaning customers will get paid fast.
Consumers are growing more aware that their used electronics hold value, but today, still only a small fraction of consumer electronics are considered for trade in when people upgrade to new gadgets. However, tides are beginning to turn. Already, in anticipation of today's iPad announcement event, thousands of consumers have traded in their iPad through Gazelle receiving offers totaling nearly $1 million.
"We have already seen an astronomical increase in the number of iPads that have been traded-in compared to what we saw during the iPad 2 launch last year," said Israel Ganot, co-founder and CEO of Gazelle. "As a result, we expect that a record number of customers will be looking to reCommerce used iPads. We want to help everyone do that by providing a simple, trusted experience that will enable them to quickly get cash for their used iPad that they can then use to upgrade to the new one. By enhancing our mobile experience, free shipping offering, pricing and overall customer experience, we want to help all iPad owners have the most enjoyable upgrade experience ever."
At the time of this press release, Gazelle offered up to $350 for iPad 2 trades and $220 for iPad 1 trades (iPad 2 64gb WiFi+3G, iPad 64gb WiFi+3G). Prices are expected to drop rapidly (and change by the minute) so please see gazelle.com/ipad for latest pricing. Prices are not guaranteed until [you receive your quote on gazelle.com]. Once received, the price is locked-in for 30 days.
Since its 2006 founding, Gazelle has seen tremendous growth and has become the leading player in the direct-to-consumer reCommerce space. Last year, the Company achieved 65% revenue growth and has lead over 300,000 Customers to trade in or recycle over 550,000 used electronics.
Like every item that arrives at Gazelle, all iPads and tablets will be hand-inspected by a trained member of the Gazelle gadget lab team. Customers can rest assured knowing Gazelle will take care of data destruction and ensure that their item enjoys an extended life in a new home.
Gazelle (www.gazelle.com), a service of Second Rotation, Inc., provides the easiest, fastest and safest way for consumers to get cash for their used iPhones, iPads, other Apple products and high-end smartphones. Gazelle takes the risk and effort out of selling electronic gadgets online and provides its users with benefits such as free shipping and packaging and comprehensive identity/data removal. To date, Gazelle has helped more than 300,000 consumers trade their used gadgets to upgrade to the newest versions, earn quick cash and generally lead a more sustainable lifestyle. Gazelle ranked #35 on the 2011 Inc. 500 list of the fastest growing private companies in America. Based in Boston, the company is backed by premier venture capital firms Craton Equity Partners, Physic Ventures, Venrock Associates and RockPort Capital Partners.
Gazelle is a trademark of Second Rotation, Inc., registered in the U.S. Apple and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.