GEMI Announces 2011 Board of Directors: GEMI To Be Led By Keith Miller, 3M
WASHINGTON, Jan. 11, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Global Environmental Management Initiative (GEMI) has announced the new Board of Directors.
Maurice Bechard, GEMI's 2010 Chair of the Board of Directors, who is the Vice President of Global EH&S, Diversey, Inc., stated, "I am pleased to announce that Keith Miller, Manager, Environmental Initiatives and Sustainability, 3M, has been elected Chair of GEMI for 2011. Keith is an exemplary strategic thinker and collaborator who will be using those skills to lead GEMI as its Chair for 2011."
"I am honored that the GEMI membership has selected me to be the Chair of the Board of Directors. GEMI is dedicated to developing new and creative sustainable and environmental solutions for the business world. I am proud to be part of GEMI and to be given this unique opportunity to serve as the Chairman of the GEMI Board of Directors," stated Miller.
Mr. Bechard added, "In addition to Keith's leadership role as Chair of GEMI for 2011, we have two new members joining the Board in 2011: Steve Shedroff, Procter & Gamble, who will be the Communications and Marketing Chair; and, Mark Hause, DuPont, who will be the Solution Tools Work Group Chair."
The GEMI Board of Directors for 2011 includes:
- Chair: Keith Miller, Manager, Environmental Initiatives and Sustainability, 3M
- Vice Chair: Bill Gill, Director, Assistant Vice President, Environmental Affairs, Smithfield Foods, Inc.
- Finance: Bill Lechner, Vice President, EHS & Security, The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
- Solution Tools Work Group Chair: Mark Hause, Environmental Competency Leader, DuPont
- Membership: Neville Dias, Director, Reporting and Analysis, Carnival Corporation & plc
- Communications: Steve Shedroff, Global HSE Data Systems Manager, Procter & Gamble
- Benchmark: Lindell Sneed, Manager, Environmental Programs, Abbott
- Senior Advisory Council (SAC): Steve Schwalb, Vice President, Environmental Sustainability, Perdue Incorporated
- Chair Emeritus: Maurice Bechard, Vice President, Global Environment Health and Safety, Diversey, Inc.
Steve Hellem, Executive Director of GEMI stated, "As GEMI welcomes its new Board of Directors, we also want to recognize and thank Moe Bechard, for his leadership and dedication to GEMI and welcome him as GEMI's new Chair Emeritus. In addition, we want to recognize and thank Leslie Montgomery, Southern Company, for her leadership and support as the Solution Tools Work Group Chair of the Board of Directors. GEMI has been fortunate to have these two environmental sustainability leaders on its Board at a key time in the 20 year history of the organization."
GEMI members include: 3M; Abbott; Biogen Idec; BNSF Railway Company; Carnival Corporation & plc; ConAgra Foods; ConocoPhillips; CSX Transportation; Diversey, Inc.; DuPont; FedEx; Johnson & Johnson; Johnson Controls, Inc.; Kraft Foods Inc.; Legrand; MedImmune; Merck & Company, Inc.; Occidental Petroleum Corporation; Perdue Incorporated.; The Procter & Gamble Company; The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company; Smithfield Foods, Inc.; Southern Company; and, Union Pacific Railroad.
For more information about GEMI please visit GEMI's website at www.gemi.org
For More Information Contact:
Amy Goldman, GEMI, 202-296-7449
More by this Source
Phillips 66 Joins GEMI
Jan 23, 2013, 09:43 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.