GEMI Announces Speakers for 20th Anniversary Conference
WASHINGTON, Oct. 14 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, GEMI announced conference speakers for their 20th Anniversary celebration that will take place on October 27 in Washington, DC.
"GEMI is pleased to announce the keynote speakers for 'The Business of Sustainability' conference, that is taking place on the 20th Anniversary of the creation of GEMI," said Steve Hellem, GEMI's Executive Director. "This conference has been designed to highlight issues that our keynote speakers will be addressing and the constructive role that environmental sustainability leaders from GEMI companies can play in both protecting the environment and the economic viability of the businesses they represent."
Keynote speakers for the conference include:
- John Alexander, President, Diversey Americas
- Aimee Christensen, Founder and CEO, Christensen Global Strategies
- Michelle Moore, Federal Environmental Executive, White House Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ)
- Philippe Cousteau Jr., CEO, EarthEcho International
- John Oldfield, Executive Vice President, Water Advocates
In addition to GEMI member company panel discussions in the key areas of climate change, supply chain and water sustainability, the conference will also include an NGO Collaboration panel comprised of:
- Tom Murray, Corporate Partnerships Managing Director, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF)
- Martin Chilcott, Founder & CEO, 2degrees
- Claire Tomkins, Director of Research, Carbon War Room
- Tom Kelsch, Director of Conservation Programs, National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF)
"The organizers of this conference – Maurice Bechard, Diversey, Inc.; Bill Gill, Smithfield Foods; Keith Miller, 3M; Lindell Sneed, Abbott; and, Bill Lechner, The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company – have assembled a truly remarkable team of speakers, thinkers and professionals that work every day to address environmental sustainability," concluded Hellem.
GEMI members include: 3M; Abbott; Biogen Idec; BNSF Railway Company; Carnival Corporation & plc; ConAgra Foods; ConocoPhillips; Diversey, Inc.; Duke Energy; DuPont; Eastman Kodak Company; Ecolab, Inc.; FedEx; Johnson & Johnson; Johnson Controls, Inc.; Kraft Foods Inc.; MedImmune; Merck & Company, Inc.; Occidental Petroleum Corporation; Perdue Incorporated.; The Procter & Gamble Company; The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company; Smithfield Foods, Inc.; and, Southern Company.