Genesee Brewery Workers Win Four-year Deal
Agreement Reached with New Owners Cerveceria Costa-Rica
ROCHESTER, N.Y., Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, Teamsters Local 118 in Rochester, N.Y. announced the ratification of a four-year contract with Genesee Brewing Company, a subsidiary of Cerveceria Costa-Rica.
More than 300 Teamsters covered under this agreement work in production, brewing, warehousing, maintenance and transport. Workers, in a record turn-out approved the contract by an 8 to 1 margin.
Highlights of the agreement include:
- Wage increases of 12.25% over the term of the agreement
- Improved Comprehensive health and welfare benefit package
- 33% increase in Teamster pension contributions
- Variable rate compensation plan that can add up to an additional 6% per year on wage earnings
- Retiree healthcare contributions
- Increased personal time
- Increased vacation time
- Increased shift differential
"Despite a history of volatility at the company, we are extremely pleased that our membership appreciates this new agreement. Through months of talks involving former owners KPS Capital Partners and the current owners, our members remained united and confident behind the Negotiating Team," said Business Agent Paul Markwitz.
Founded in 1903, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents 1.4 million hardworking men and women throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Visit www.teamster.org for more information. Follow us on Twitter @Teamsters.
SOURCE Teamsters Local 118