SAN RAMON, Calif., Nov. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The GENIVI Alliance, a non-profit alliance of automakers and their suppliers, is focused on developing an open in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) and connectivity software platform for the transportation industry. At AutoMobility LA, GENIVI will demonstrate its latest Remote Vehicle Interaction (RVI) technology in the Technology Pavilion at Los Angeles Convention Center from Nov. 14-16.
At the core of the GENIVI open connectivity platform is RVI, which provides a standardized means for communications between the vehicle and its remote services over a number of different protocols. This free-to-all, open source software provides secure remote vehicle control from smart devices, software-over-the-air (SOTA) updates and efficient, two-way exchange of vehicle data and driver information.
GENIVI will have a demonstration vehicle fitted with its newest RVI technologies including:
- End-to-End RVI Provisioning System – The mobile unlock demonstration is expanded with the new RVI provisioning system to create signed certificates and their associated credentials, allowing for distributed provisioning and accreditation for vehicles and mobile devices alike.
- Peer-to-Peer Control of Local Media Using RVI – A media player controller is implemented on a mobile device connecting to a vehicle that can negotiate temporary permissions and control the media player in the GENIVI Development Platform (GDP 11) running in the head unit.
- Big Data and RVI – Using Big Data, RVI can deliver messages to a cloud server as well as provide access control. The system acts upon real time weather data for a specified location to alert or remotely roll up the windows of a car.
- Media and Analytics Measuring – In-car listening has long been un-measureable, but connected cars can solve this problem by unlocking access to actual listening data from vehicles, and RVI offers a powerful new capability to accelerate this capacity.
- Software-Over-The-Air – How to create software update packages, scheduling for delivery to devices using the server, installation on devices, and reporting installation results to the server.
The RVI free and open software is available at: https://github.com/PDXostc/rvi_core.
About GENIVI Alliance
The GENIVI Alliance is a non-profit alliance focused on developing an open in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) and connectivity platform for the transportation industry. The alliance provides its members with a global networking community of more than 140 companies, joining connected car stakeholders with world-class developers in a collaborative environment, resulting in free, open source middleware. GENIVI is headquartered in San Ramon Calif.
Media Contact - GENIVI Alliance:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/genivi-alliance-showcases-remote-vehicle-interaction-technology-at-automobility-la-300362087.html
SOURCE GENIVI Alliance